Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pre-Season AP Top 10

Featured Replies

Duke was shook that game. They went soft and felt bad for Kevin Ware and got caught up in all the emotional crap that was that game after Ware got hurt. You'd have thought Mason Plumlee broke his leg. They never recovered from Ware and that's why they lost that game. It's not like they hadn't played UL before. Bunch of softies was out on the court that day after Ware got hurt. :no:

 

Duke never adjusted to Louisville's double screens and Plumlee looked completely asleep at times during that game. Louisville shot over 50% from the field and a lot of those were from right under the basket because Plumlee either didn't rotate or got stuck out of position trying to hedge a screen.

 

But that's neither here nor there because Mason's not there anymore.

  • Replies 72
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

And UK radio color analyst Mike Pratt has the Cats losing in the title game.

I was told he said it on SportsCenter this morning.

 

Been looking for a link... Got pulled onto a UK forum somehow, my IQ went from 190 to 23 just reading posts.

Duke never adjusted to Louisville's double screens and Plumlee looked completely asleep at times during that game. Louisville shot over 50% from the field and a lot of those were from right under the basket because Plumlee either didn't rotate or got stuck out of position trying to hedge a screen.

 

But that's neither here nor there because Mason's not there anymore.

 

Because they were shook. Ware's a pothead and we all know it now so I can speak freely now. After he went down the entire Duke team went with him. I've never seen anything like it. They just sat back and took it. That game was close until Ware went down. Duke had a small opportunity to show no mercy and put their foot on the back of UL's head and curb stomp it. Instead, they were shook. UL shook off the immediate emotional trauma of losing a teammate in a gruesome fashion and went into the break with a small halftime lead. They came out extra motivated in the second half to 'win it for Ware'.......:puke:and they used those emotions to defeat Duke in one of the more embarassing displays of basketball I have ever seen a Duke team display. I bet at halftime in the locker rooms you'd have thought Ware played for Duke. They never recovered. They should have used that to their advantage and they didn't. Save all that strategy talk, double screen adjustment, Duke was too slow, blah blah blah. Duke beat UL once already. What, did UL get faster and Duke get stupid by March? I don't think so. They got soft and played like a bunch of little girls after seeing an opponent(AN OPPONENT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD) get hurt.

 

I've never been so disappointed in a Duke team in my entire life. Bunch of wusses......:no:

 

 

 

Yes, I am incredibly bitter about that game. It took me a good 2 weeks before I could even discuss that stupid game because everybody was still crying over Kevin Ware. Hell, he couldn't feel any pain anyways. Old Bob Marley wannabe.....

This thread has now taken a turn. And for the better, here we come college basketball season :lol2:

Because they were shook. Ware's a pothead and we all know it now so I can speak freely now. After he went down the entire Duke team went with him. I've never seen anything like it. They just sat back and took it. That game was close until Ware went down. Duke had a small opportunity to show no mercy and put their foot on the back of UL's head and curb stomp it. Instead, they were shook. UL shook off the immediate emotional trauma of losing a teammate in a gruesome fashion and went into the break with a small halftime lead. They came out extra motivated in the second half to 'win it for Ware'.......:puke:and they used those emotions to defeat Duke in one of the more embarassing displays of basketball I have ever seen a Duke team display. I bet at halftime in the locker rooms you'd have thought Ware played for Duke. They never recovered. They should have used that to their advantage and they didn't. Save all that strategy talk, double screen adjustment, Duke was too slow, blah blah blah. Duke beat UL once already. What, did UL get faster and Duke get stupid by March? I don't think so. They got soft and played like a bunch of little girls after seeing an opponent(AN OPPONENT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD) get hurt.

 

I've never been so disappointed in a Duke team in my entire life. Bunch of wusses......:no:

 

 

 

Yes, I am incredibly bitter about that game. It took me a good 2 weeks before I could even discuss that stupid game because everybody was still crying over Kevin Ware. Hell, he couldn't feel any pain anyways. Old Bob Marley wannabe.....

 

YUP. Duke was down I think 2 at half time with one of the worst shooting performances of the year. Contributed to the Louisville defense? Yes but still think if Ware doesn't go down, Duke turns it around in the second half. Oh well, nothing we can do now except keep complaining. Which I am fine with :D

Save all that strategy talk, double screen adjustment, Duke was too slow, blah blah blah. Duke beat UL once already. What, did UL get faster and Duke get stupid by March?

 

Yes. Yes they did. The Louisville team that played Duke in November was not the same team that played in March, not least because of the presence of future first-round pick Gorgui Dieng on the floor in the March game.

 

And you can be bitter all you want, but don't feed me some garbage about intangibles and softness when there are perfectly identifiable tactical and personnel reasons why Duke was beaten badly in that second half. I'll bet that if I were to watch that tape right now, I'd find at least ten Louisville baskets caused by Plumlee failing to keep up with the movement in Louisville's offense. Some of it was on Coach K for not adjusting to Louisville's high screens and some of it was on Plumlee for just not being where he was supposed to be.

 

You keep talking about them not recovering... Duke was fine for the rest of the first half. They went to the locker room, gathered themselves and took a breather... then got kicked around for 20 minutes. What happened in that locker room? Did Coach K put on a replay of the leg break?

Yes. Yes they did. The Louisville team that played Duke in November was not the same team that played in March, not least because of the presence of future first-round pick Gorgui Dieng on the floor in the March game.

 

And you can be bitter all you want, but don't feed me some garbage about intangibles and softness when there are perfectly identifiable tactical and personnel reasons why Duke was beaten badly in that second half. I'll bet that if I were to watch that tape right now, I'd find at least ten Louisville baskets caused by Plumlee failing to keep up with the movement in Louisville's offense. Some of it was on Coach K for not adjusting to Louisville's high screens and some of it was on Plumlee for just not being where he was supposed to be.

 

You keep talking about them not recovering... Duke was fine for the rest of the first half. They went to the locker room, gathered themselves and took a breather... then got kicked around for 20 minutes. What happened in that locker room? Did Coach K put on a replay of the leg break?

 

Not sure but I bet Tyler Thornton cried and sent a text to his mommy.

 

Of course you can check the tape and find logical and tactical reasoning as to how and why Duke got beat. You an also check that tape and see a team that wasn't mentally into the game at all after Smokey went down. Let's not act like the whole 'win it for Ware' crap didn't carry UL emotionally for the rest of the tournament after Smokey went down. How do we know Coach K didn't give his players the adjustments to make and they simply didn't do it on the court? Those boys were not in the game at all after Smokey went down. Simple as that for me.

Smokey :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Behanan(Craig) and Ware(Smokey) share a post game moment.

 

 

craig-and-smokey1.jpg

This thread has now taken a turn. And for the better, here we come college basketball season :lol2:

 

I just want to know who would win in a team death match on COD Ghosts? That picture of the Duke players posing with assault rifles a few weeks ago really didn't seem to intimidating, I actually feared more for their safety after seeing them posing with those guns.

I just want to know who would win in a team death match on COD Ghosts? That picture of the Duke players posing with assault rifles a few weeks ago really didn't seem to intimidating, I actually feared more for their safety after seeing them posing with those guns.

 

:lol:

 

I haven't seen this picture yet. I have to see it. :lol:

duke ain't tough.jpg

 

 

If you google Duke basketball with rifles there are a couple that pop up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.