Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

PC vs. Highlands

Featured Replies

Can someone tell me what time the Pendleton vs. Highlands game is on the 18th in the Desert Classic? Many of the other games have a time slotted in the schedule page but not this one. Any ideas?

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really looking forward to this one, the school I grauduated from vs. my childrens school. It's a win -win for me, not to mention both teams have really good talent this year and it should be a good one.

Both teams have tremendous talent, but I still think PC will win by about 7-10. Guard play should be about even Vories is very fast, but I think it will come down to this - Can the combination of Tanner Johnson and Ben G stop Elliot... and my guess is not.

Very good guard match-up between Vories & Mains especially since they know each other very well from playing on the same AAU team.

I think the HHS depth will help in this matchup... If they can contain Pat Elliot and Nic Simpson can use his athletic ability and get to the basket I think the Birds can handle them. Jeffrey and Tyler Mains will be a great matchup. Unfortunately I will miss this game due to having Seats for the Oak Hill / NCH game .... do you think any of the other teams will switch out the timeslot????

I think the HHS depth will help in this matchup... If they can contain Pat Elliot and Nic Simpson can use his athletic ability and get to the basket I think the Birds can handle them. Jeffrey and Tyler Mains will be a great matchup. Unfortunately I will miss this game due to having Seats for the Oak Hill / NCH game .... do you think any of the other teams will switch out the timeslot????

Explain depth. Against Brossart basically 7 played. I only know what I've read about PC. and they sound like a well rounded ball club, I do not know how deep they go on their bench. If that number is higher than 7 than they have the deeper bench.

This should be a bruiser of a game. Both teams love to pound inside. I think the "X-Factor MatchUp" in this one is the match up between Mains and Simpson. Simpson plays a tough game and is a good defender for only being a sophmore. Good luck to both teams. Where is the Desert Classic played at? I surely wouldn't mind going to this one.

I think the HHS depth will help in this matchup... If they can contain Pat Elliot and Nic Simpson can use his athletic ability and get to the basket I think the Birds can handle them. Jeffrey and Tyler Mains will be a great matchup. Unfortunately I will miss this game due to having Seats for the Oak Hill / NCH game .... do you think any of the other teams will switch out the timeslot????

Vories will not be able to hold Tyler Mains, I can tell you that right now. The best defender that Highlands can put on Mains is Simpson. He's quick enough to give Mains trouble. Vories would get eaten up against Mains.

Explain depth. Against Brossart basically 7 played. I only know what I've read about PC. and they sound like a well rounded ball club, I do not know how deep they go on their bench. If that number is higher than 7 than they have the deeper bench.

PC didn't like to go to their bench for long even before Davis got hurt. Having seen both teams, Highlands is definitely deeper.

Explain depth. Against Brossart basically 7 played. I only know what I've read about PC. and they sound like a well rounded ball club, I do not know how deep they go on their bench. If that number is higher than 7 than they have the deeper bench.

 

I thought Willie used his bench more than I've seen in the past and went 8-9 deep last night vs. BBHS, especially in the first half. Pendleton seemed to seldom go to the bench, and that was before the Davis' injury. Not sure since?? Highlands is definately deeper.

Heres a run down of all the games and times

 

February 18th

11:15am St. Patrick vs Calvary Christian

1:00pm Deming vs Williamstown

2:45pm Scott vs Bracken County

4:30pm Harrison County vs Newport Central Catholic

6:15pm Campbell County vs Newport

8:00pm Pendleton County vs Highlands

 

Should be a big crowed in the desert!

I thought Willie used his bench more than I've seen in the past and went 8-9 deep last night vs. BBHS, especially in the first half. Pendleton seemed to seldom go to the bench, and that was before the Davis' injury. Not sure since?? Highlands is definately deeper.

Simpson, Smith, Eaton, Johnson, Vories starters. Guidugli, Hudepohl off the bench. Mcgraw in for a cup of coffee in 1st half only. Unless I am missing some one that is 7. And 7 is not a deep team. Again I only know what I ve read about PC. I have no idea as to how deep they go on their bench. I do know a deep bench is not a strength for the Birds.

Simpson, Smith, Eaton, Johnson, Vories starters. Guidugli, Hudepohl off the bench. Mcgraw in for a cup of coffee in 1st half only. Unless I am missing some one that is 7. And 7 is not a deep team. Again I only know what I ve read about PC. I have no idea as to how deep they go on their bench. I do know a deep bench is not a strength for the Birds.

 

Seven is plenty deep at the high school level. Tell me, how deep does the girls team go? Do they go 8, 9 or 10 deep? This team is 19-3 and yet there are still fans that have something to complain about.

  • Author

Games are at the Campbell Middle School. As for PC depth, they usually went 6 or 7 at the absolute max. Now that Davis is out, it will be even less.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.