Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

PC vs. Highlands

Featured Replies

The rough start was due to Brossart's 3 "big 'uns" in the paint and the two "quick 'uns" harrassing the guards!!

 

So I guess Guidulgi wouldn't have had any effect on the three big guys?

 

Anyway, I like both of these teams. They seem very similar when you break them down by position. Highlands has looked tough against some pretty good teams lately, so I give them the edge. PC is a very dangerous team though, and can easily go on a 10-0 break. From what I have heard, their players are very conditioned and hardly get worn down at all throughout the game. The birds will have to play "clean" defense so they don't get in foul trouble like they did against holmes. I expect Tanner J to have a big game.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect this one to be close early, and then PC pull away late with a 10+ point victory. Conditioning definetly isn't an issue with the Cats, and I think PC is just too talented for the Birds to handle. Should be a good crowd, and I expect the Cats to play well.

I expect this one to be close early, and then PC pull away late with a 10+ point victory. Conditioning definetly isn't an issue with the Cats, and I think PC is just too talented for the Birds to handle. Should be a good crowd, and I expect the Cats to play well.

 

10+ pts.....come on Nutty Professor....

 

This will be like the Brossart game, it will come down to free throws... who makes them and who doesnt.... I expect it to be closer than 10pts.... on a nuetral floor.... I give it to HHS by 3 pts....

:confused: Why is it called the Desert Classic? Is it because it is hosted by the Camels?

 

 

Yes of course! Come spend the day at Campbell County Middle School and see great basketball. One price of $5.00 gets you into all games.

  • Author

PC beat Brossart much more handily in the first game on a neutral floor. They have played a very tough schedule this year and come through almost every time. I look for them to be ready.

Conditioning will not be a factor for the wildcats i can promise you that. Foul trouble is the only thing that has and will get in the way of the wildcats and is Highlands only hope of winning this game. Without Mains and Elliot on the floor the Cats are a completely different team, but with them on the floor they are as good a team in the state.

 

As for individuals, Mains is looking for his 1,000th point and is coming off a poor shooting night. Look for him to be on especially since he is going against one of his former AAU teammates and good friend Vories. Vories may get some of his points but i dont think he will be able to stop Mains.

 

As for Elliot, there is noone in the 9th or 10th region that can guard him. He is to dominant and just has a will to win.

Yes of course! Come spend the day at Campbell County Middle School and see great basketball. One price of $5.00 gets you into all games.

Can't beat that. The heck with spending 50 at the levy for a movie and a popcorn. Best value in the land. Highlands over PC by 2. Vories wins it with last second jumper. Kind of de ja vu all over again :D

Can't beat that. The heck with spending 50 at the levy for a movie and a popcorn. Best value in the land. Highlands over PC by 2. Vories wins it with last second jumper. Kind of de ja vu all over again :D

 

 

The problem is Malachi........ sometimes there is this thing called a wife :D ... and if the wife thinks all you do is eat, drink, breath and sleep basketball... there is no way to get a pass for an all day of saturday of basketball....especially High school ball where you have no relatives, siblings, etc playing.

However, if you make some deposits into the marriage bank.... you can definitely get some withdraws later when you need them. Saving those for Regional and state tourney. Happy V day everyone.. :jump:

Heres a run down of all the games and times

 

February 18th

11:15am St. Patrick vs Calvary Christian

1:00pm Deming vs Williamstown

2:45pm Scott vs Bracken County

4:30pm Harrison County vs Newport Central Catholic

6:15pm Campbell County vs Newport

8:00pm Pendleton County vs Highlands

 

Should be a big crowed in the desert!

 

All games have been moved to Campbell County High School due to minor water damage to the gym floor at the middle school.

  • Author

How big is the gym at the high school?

How big is the gym at the high school?

 

1,300

So I guess Guidulgi wouldn't have had any effect on the three big guys?

 

Anyway, I like both of these teams. They seem very similar when you break them down by position. Highlands has looked tough against some pretty good teams lately, so I give them the edge. PC is a very dangerous team though, and can easily go on a 10-0 break. From what I have heard, their players are very conditioned and hardly get worn down at all throughout the game. The birds will have to play "clean" defense so they don't get in foul trouble like they did against holmes. I expect Tanner J to have a big game.

 

Guigugli doesn't start...doesn't pick up any cheap quick "referee taking control of the game" fouls!

Willie was always a force that PC had to deal with when at BBHS. Biggs found a way to stop the green machine, and I am sure he will shot the birds down in the desert on Saturday. PC fans are the best in the state and it sure is a short drive for them to support the CATS on Saturday.

 

:fire:

Willie was always a force that PC had to deal with when at BBHS. Biggs found a way to stop the green machine, and I am sure he will shot the birds down in the desert on Saturday. PC fans are the best in the state and it sure is a short drive for them to support the CATS on Saturday.

 

:fire:

 

 

Its possible but the PC fans better enjoy it while they can........no state title this year and I doubt they will see Rupp Arena for a long long time.

Well they saw it last year and have a good chance this year as well. What is wrong with that? If you get there you have a chance. South Laurel proved that last year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.