Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

PC vs. Highlands

Featured Replies

"TD" sure will be missed in this match up but I say the Wildcats will still pull out the win

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seven is plenty deep at the high school level. Tell me, how deep does the girls team go? Do they go 8, 9 or 10 deep? This team is 19-3 and yet there are still fans that have something to complain about.

The post I responded to stated that HHS would prevail because of the depth of their bench. I simply stated that I did not think 7 gives you an advantage as being a deep team. Yes 7 deep is fine in high school. I am definetly not complaining about this squad. They have a real chance to go to Lexington, something the Birds haven't seen in a couple of years.

Vories will not be able to hold Tyler Mains, I can tell you that right now. The best defender that Highlands can put on Mains is Simpson. He's quick enough to give Mains trouble. Vories would get eaten up against Mains.

 

 

Lucky... have you seen HHS play at all this year????? Vories plays good defense and if anything... Nic seems lazy at times on D....taking nothing away from Nic because he is an exceptional talent but throw records and talent out the door.... Vories and Mains will be an even matchup ....

 

Crunch..... on the depth advantage... I say that very lightly as PC doesnt seem to go to the bench at all.... and you are correct... HHS goes 7-8 and that would suffice in High school ball...

 

83Bird...... noboday is complaining... very pleased at their success this year... only wondering why they have 18 people on their bench.... Overall I think Willie has done a remarkable job with the team and they seem to play well as a team.

Lucky... have you seen HHS play at all this year????? Vories plays good defense and if anything... Nic seems lazy at times on D....taking nothing away from Nic because he is an exceptional talent but throw records and talent out the door.... Vories and Mains will be an even matchup ....

 

Crunch..... on the depth advantage... I say that very lightly as PC doesnt seem to go to the bench at all.... and you are correct... HHS goes 7-8 and that would suffice in High school ball...

 

83Bird...... noboday is complaining... very pleased at their success this year... only wondering why they have 18 people on their bench.... Overall I think Willie has done a remarkable job with the team and they seem to play well as a team.

Agreed Go Birds :ylsuper:

I think alot has to do with close fouls are called on the inside, personally if you let Ben G and Elliot bang on the inside and ech get two fouls early, I would trade Big Ben on the bench for Elliot on the bench anyday. I also agree Simpson will guard Mains, but who will stop Vories? The two tangibles in this game will be Elrod/Belcher and Tanner/Eaton or Smith? Those two matchups are what will decide the game along with the pace. The Birds can't get caught in the fast tempo the Cats run, if they can't set up that great half court Defense they play it could be a long night for the Birds! Should be a classic anyway.

Go Wildcats

Games are at the Campbell Middle School. As for PC depth, they usually went 6 or 7 at the absolute max. Now that Davis is out, it will be even less.

Sounds like conditiong could play a factor in this one. What kind of D does PC normally play?

Simpson, Smith, Eaton, Johnson, Vories starters. Guidugli, Hudepohl off the bench. Mcgraw in for a cup of coffee in 1st half only. Unless I am missing some one that is 7. And 7 is not a deep team. Again I only know what I ve read about PC. I have no idea as to how deep they go on their bench. I do know a deep bench is not a strength for the Birds.

 

You're crazy if you would bring Guidulgi off the bench... :confused:

You're crazy if you would bring Guidulgi off the bench... :confused:

He did not start Fri night. I've been called worse than crazy.

  • Author

Not sure that I would be worried about PC and their conditioning. They have played this way all year long against some really good competition and it hasn't been a problem yet. PC even likes to run the ball every chance they get. They are in great shape as far as that goes. The biggest concern is and has always been foul trouble.

Should be a good game

He did not start Fri night. I've been called worse than crazy.

 

I know, they got off to a bit of a rough start until he got into the game.

I know, they got off to a bit of a rough start until he got into the game.

 

 

Rought start , yes. Because Guidugli wasnt in there, I doubt it. IN fact the Eaton kid who started for him knocked down their 1st 2 buckets...big 3's.

I know, they got off to a bit of a rough start until he got into the game.

The rough start was due to Brossart's 3 "big 'uns" in the paint and the two "quick 'uns" harrassing the guards!!

:confused: Why is it called the Desert Classic? Is it because it is hosted by the Camels?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.