Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NLCS: Dodgers vs. Cardinals

Who wins? 11 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Dodgers
      54%
      6
    • Cardinals
      45%
      5

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 116
  • Views 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be a hell of a series. I'll go LA in 6...

  • Author

Grienke and Kershaw worry me. They are both tough and they have them for games 1/2 at Busch.

Grienke and Kershaw worry me. They are both tough and they have them for games 1/2 at Busch.

Agree. One key for Cards will be winning one of the first two games at Busch with Kelly and Wacha, likely. Looks like Carpenter close to getting his stroke back.

  • Author
Agree. One key for Cards will be winning one of the first two games at Busch with Kelly and Wacha, likely. Looks like Carpenter close to getting his stroke back.

 

Got to get one. It will be tough

In December of '03 GM Walt Jocketty of the Cards traded J.D. Drew and Eli Marrero to the Braves for pitchers Jason Marquis, Ray King and youngster Adam Wainwright.

In December of '03 GM Walt Jocketty of the Cards traded J.D. Drew and Eli Marrero to the Braves for pitchers Jason Marquis, Ray King and youngster Adam Wainwright.

I remember thinking why are they getting rid of Drew.

Should be a good series. I'll pull for LA since I went to one of their games this season. :D

  • Author
I remember thinking why are they getting rid of Drew.

 

I remember I was glad that they traded Drew.

In December of '03 GM Walt Jocketty of the Cards traded J.D. Drew and Eli Marrero to the Braves for pitchers Jason Marquis' date=' Ray King and youngster Adam Wainwright.[/quote'] hated that trade because of Wainwright. At the time he was in the bullpen but man that stings.
I remember I was glad that they traded Drew.

He seemed like a jerk to me but thought he was going to be a lot better then he ended up being. Shows what I know.

He seemed like a jerk to me but thought he was going to be a lot better then he ended up being. Shows what I know.

Braves were in need of offensive help when the Drew deal was made. I think a couple of Atlanta's starting eight were headed elsewhere in free agency. Wainwright's record in minors also wasn't all that impressive. Wonder how many people in Braves organization thought he could turn into top-notch closer in '06 and then the starting pitcher he has become. In defense of Braves, Drew at times flashed brilliance with the Cards both offensively and defensively, but he was hurt quite a bit.

Here's a good story on how Cards found Matt Adams -- 23rd round draft pick out of Slippery Rock. Cards' 2009 draft class produced Shelby Miller (#1), Joe Kelly (#3), Matt Carpenter (#13), Trevor Rosenthal (#21) and Matt Adams (#23).

 

Inside Baseball - How the Cardinals found Matt Adams

Here's a good story on how Cards found Matt Adams -- 23rd round draft pick out of Slippery Rock. Cards' 2009 draft class produced Shelby Miller (#1), Joe Kelly (#3), Matt Carpenter (#13), Trevor Rosenthal (#21) and Matt Adams (#23).

 

Inside Baseball - How the Cardinals found Matt Adams

 

Talk about a crappy draft...:lol2: :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.