Lee 65 Breathitt 55

BadCat

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19th win for Lee Co. Rich played big and Breathitt's big players get in early foul trouble. J Liesegang stepped up and Brandenburg played a solid game.

InMyOpinion this young Breathitt is underrated and improving. It just crossed my mind that with JBS' schedule I think that their record would be 14W and 6L, give or take a couple of games. Just a little more 'uumph' and they could easily win the 55th this year.

Two of the finest young Coaches in the region in Wright and Hall.

You beat them almost as much as JBS did. Jbs beat them 12 on their floor.

I feel for Breathitt they are young and losing preety close games as they gain experience they will be preety tough. Thier guard Moore hit 7 for 8 from 3 point land tonite. Most of the time with someone in his face. Some of the best shooting I have seen all season

Good win for Lee and good to see Breathitt showing some life later on the season. Younger player could show up big come tournament time because young players really get the adrenline flowing when the gym is packed, the crowd are wall to wall, sweat is flowing and the whistle blows as the tipp goes up.

Good win for Lee and good to see Breathitt showing some life later on the season. Younger player could show up big come tournament time because young players really get the adrenline flowing when the gym is packed, the crowd are wall to wall, sweat is flowing and the whistle blows as the tipp goes up.

Nice narrative on the feelings of playing in the tournament! :D

:p You can thank me later!

19th win for Lee Co. Rich played big and Breathitt's big players get in early foul trouble. J Liesegang stepped up and Brandenburg played a solid game.

InMyOpinion this young Breathitt is underrated and improving. It just crossed my mind that with JBS' schedule I think that their record would be 14W and 6L, give or take a couple of games. Just a little more 'uumph' and they could easily win the 55th this year.

Two of the finest young Coaches in the region in Wright and Hall.

I'm not sure why you chose to take another jab at JBS on a LEE Co and Breathitt post. Here are the actual numbers comparing teams JBS and Breathitt. Including all the teams both have played including their two preseason games they have played 6 teams in common. Breathitt is 0-7 against those teams while JBS is 5-1 and also beat Breathitt on their home court. I'm not knocking Breathitt just showing you how ridiculous your statement was.

Another good win for the Bobcats... Lee Co. that is....

An improving young Breathitt team, with a very bright future!

BTW, how many of Breathitt's players are from the SMS 8th Grade State Championship team?

I know the justin holland(pg), Smith kid downlow and i believe there are 2 more from that team on it im just not for sure what their names are.

I'm not sure why you chose to take another jab at JBS.....
Is it a jab to compare schedules between one of the top and bottom teams in the region? JBS has the weakest schedule of the top teams in the 14th and Breathitt has the strongest schedule of the bottome teams in the 14th. I believe that gives them a relative and significant point of comparison.

Anyone can see on the scoreboard that JBS outplayed Breathitt on Jan 21 and I never said that Breathitt was better than JBS.

I'm not knocking Breathitt just showing you how ridiculous your statement was.
Exactly which part of the statement are you referring to or are you including all of it? I fail to see the ridiculousity of any of it. Maybe I'm off target a bit (but not ridiculously so) with the "14W and 6L, give or take a couple of games." part, but I do think that Breathitt would have several more than their current 3 wins if their schedule included multiple games vs Piarst, Riverside, David school, Evarts, Matewan, etc... (not knocking any of these but I think they are down this year). This doesn't mean that JBS is a bad team and it would be ridiculous to say so. If South Laurel played a similar schedule they would still be a great team but people would question them about the ridicularity of it.

I think that you are reading more ridiculousness into my post than is there but hopefully I have corrected (it for) you. :lol:

BTW- has anyone else received negative pm's about the JBS coaching staff seemingly from out of the blue ? Just curious.

The thing about JBS schedule is that they voted to seed the district last year while 3 of the other teams in the district voted not to seed. They would have played Knott,Letcher Central,Cordia,and Jenkins two times each if it had passed. When it didnt pass they chose to schedule some of the teams you metioned. I dont think it is good to play too many of these games but JBS did vote to seed and would probably not played any of these teams.

On a side note the district voted to seed for next year so hopefully these type games will go away...