Lee 65 Breathitt 55

BadCat

I don't know. The last time I talked to him he seemed to be pretty content with his job as a principal.

Yea, The older you get the grind of a long season don,t look as appealing as it once did. Good Luck the rest of the way (except in the first round of the district).

:D

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. The last time I talked to him he seemed to be pretty content with his job as a principal.

I understand that he is doing very well there as principal. There were lots of problems at SMS when he arrived. I'm sure that principal pay is much higher than coaches pay is :lol:. Too bad he can't do both. If SMS' Coach Noble were to ever move up to the high school level I wonder if Tim would consider coaching at SMS. They have a very strong basketball program and more students in grades 7 and 8 than in all 4 years at OCHS. I mean it when I say that its' too bad when someone with his coaching ability isn't coaching somewhere.

Sometimes coaching is 'in the blood'. I would suspect that is the case with Tim and it wouldn't surprise me if he reappears as coach at some point in the future.

I understand that he is doing very well there as principal. There were lots of problems at SMS when he arrived. I'm sure that principal pay is much higher than coaches pay is :lol:. Too bad he can't do both. If SMS' Coach Noble were to ever move up to the high school level I wonder if Tim would consider coaching at SMS. They have a very strong basketball program and more students in grades 7 and 8 than in all 4 years at OCHS. I mean it when I say that its' too bad when someone with his coaching ability isn't coaching somewhere.

Sometimes coaching is 'in the blood'. I would suspect that is the case with Tim and it wouldn't surprise me if he reappears as coach at some point in the future.

I don't think he would ever entertain the thought of coaching middle school. But another high school head job could be a possibility. He would probably be in demand with the resume he has. If Hall were to ever leave Breathitt, Bobrowski, imo, would be a logical choice to replace him.

I don't think he would ever entertain the thought of coaching middle school. But another high school head job could be a possibility. He would probably be in demand with the resume he has. If Hall were to ever leave Breathitt, Bobrowski, imo, would be a logical choice to replace him.

What if Smith didnt return to Owsley?? Would a principal, vice principal or central office job be waiting bobrowski's return?? I think there is too much water under the bridge but it would be worth a try to get timbob back in boontown!!

I'm sure Owsley will unfortunaltey pick someone or even make someone coach the Owls that is already an employee of the Owsley County school system. The professor is right, they need to be careful or they will be in a hole that they may not be able to get out of. They need a young, energetic coach to take over and shake things up. If I were the Atheletic Director, I would be after coach someone like Coach Wright at Lee County. Recruit some young coach with obvious talent, and have them stick around for awhile. Owsley needs stability!! There have been too many coaches in the past years.

I'm sure Owsley will unfortunaltey pick someone or even make someone coach the Owls that is already an employee of the Owsley County school system. The professor is right, they need to be careful or they will be in a hole that they may not be able to get out of. They need a young, energetic coach to take over and shake things up. If I were the Atheletic Director, I would be after coach someone like Coach Wright at Lee County. Recruit some young coach with obvious talent, and have them stick around for awhile. Owsley needs stability!! There have been too many coaches in the past years.

Wasn't Coach Wright in the Lee School System and just given the job b/c they did not want to recruit one?? That just what i heard & if so Lee was VERY LUCKY in getting such a quality coach!!!

Wasn't Coach Wright in the Lee School System and just given the job b/c they did not want to recruit one?? That just what i heard & if so Lee was VERY LUCKY in getting such a quality coach!!!

Danny applied for an assistant job. He was already teaching here. He impressed the board with his character. He has had many chances to quit but he stuck it out a testament to his character. We hit the jackpot.

Danny applied for an assistant job. He was already teaching here. He impressed the board with his character. He has had many chances to quit but he stuck it out a testament to his character. We hit the jackpot.

He has stuck through the bad times & built a decent program that should gain steam in years to come. You seem up to date on lee county, so what are your thoughts that Coach Wright may entertain offers from other schools?? does he want to leave?? Sixtyfeetsix seems very forthright about wanting him to come to Owsley. What do you think BBK?

Coach Wright has a very loving fan base here in Beattyville and he has family ties to this area. Although its not impossible that he would leave, the fan support that he gets here is, in my opinion, right up there with the best in the region, maybe better. We really love the job coach wright does and no other coach puts more time in than him or cares for these kids like Danny does. Its a situation that you have to be around to fully get. I know if it were up to the fans, we would not trade Coach Wright for any other coach.

He has stuck through the bad times & built a decent program that should gain steam in years to come. You seem up to date on lee county, so what are your thoughts that Coach Wright may entertain offers from other schools?? does he want to leave?? Sixtyfeetsix seems very forthright about wanting him to come to Owsley. What do you think BBK?

Danny is a good friend to me and my family. I am sure Danny would do best for his situation. I am sure any offer to improve life for his family would and should be considered. I want Danny to stay in Lee County till he decides to quit coaching. But if he was to recieve a great offer somewhere else I would do nothing but cry and wish him the very best. But don't forget we here at Lee could make his situation better also. Danny is a loyal man and it would take alot to take him from what he has built through alot blood,sweat and tears. The next few years look good and the feeder system is working well, so why leave.

I agree with bball king. Why would Danny leave? He is just now making all the hard work pay off. Lee is not only good this year, but have some excellent young players developing. He is well thought of in the community, and has married a local girl. He was given a chance here, and I too believe his sense of loyalty will keep him from looking to move.