Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALDS: Tampa Bay vs Boston

Featured Replies

Red Sox with the big win yesterday 12-2. Tampa led 2-0 before Boston closed with 12 straight. Lester looked strong giving up only a pair of solo homers. With Tampa's pitching it would be huge to get a sweep at home.

  • Author

I didn't get to see it because I was at the EKU game. I followed it on my phone, it got a little dicey there in the middle innings but good job by the Sox to close it out. Winning the first 2 at home was crucial, it won't be easy to get a win in St. Petersburg.

Looks like Boston has it wrapped up and will get some rest before meeting the winner of the Tigers-Athletics series.

  • Author
Looks like Boston has it wrapped up and will get some rest before meeting the winner of the Tigers-Athletics series.

 

It isn't wrapped up by any means. Not with Tampa Bay's pitching wand the way the Rays play at home.

The Ray's have got them right where they want them. :banana:

  • Author

Shane Victorino with a great take out slide to break up a double play and give Boston the early 1-0 lead. He's done that twice this series, both times almost bowling Zobrist over. Clean but really hard slides. The Red Sox may not quite have the pitching to take the whole thing but it won't be because of lack of effort--this team is full of grinders.

Maddon moves his struggling rookie, Will Myers, from the 2 hole to the 4 hole. Change his name to Baker and he would be absolutely drilled.

 

 

Everyone agrees that Maddon is one of the best in baseball. It goes to show that it's a lot more than just the numbers.

  • Author

I heard a stat on the radio yesterday that really caught my attention: The Red Sox hitters have seen 1300 pitches more than the next closest team. 1300.

Anytime there are "Catwalk Rules" in a baseball stadium ..................there should not be baseball played in that stadium.

 

I think Babe Ruth just rolled over in his grave.

Anytime there are "Catwalk Rules" in a baseball stadium ..................there should not be baseball played in that stadium.

 

I think Babe Ruth just rolled over in his grave.

 

I thing the umps agree. That's 2 calls they've blown tonight.

I wonder if that fan jumped in the Ray tank?

  • Author

Hey looked like he was trying to get someone to hand it out to him. Good win for the Rays tonight. They were on the verge of knocking the Sox out all night, I thought we might steal it at the end.

Maddon moves his struggling rookie, Will Myers, from the 2 hole to the 4 hole. Change his name to Baker and he would be absolutely drilled.

 

 

Everyone agrees that Maddon is one of the best in baseball. It goes to show that it's a lot more than just the numbers.

 

Nobody says it's only numbers. People do say Baker either doesn't know them or doesn't know what they mean if he does know them.

Hey looked like he was trying to get someone to hand it out to him. Good win for the Rays tonight. They were on the verge of knocking the Sox out all night, I thought we might steal it at the end.

 

Fan perspective I guess. To me, it looked like the Sox were on the verge of blowing it open all night and the Rays pulled it out of their hind quarters and survived.

 

I loath Fernando Rodney. It sure seemed like he had more than 8 blown saves this year. When he came out in the bottom of the 9th, I looked at Mrs. S and just said, "Oh, crap! Hang on to your underwear. This is going to be a bumpy ride."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.