Trouble at Rose Hill?

theguru

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chap Ol' Buddy, Do you have any knowledge on the number of "Special Needs" children enrolled at RHcS? Are Any children with (disabilities) able to meet the entrance Policy? or is the "policy" in place to keep out the nondeserving Christians? I point out again, How many Hillcrest-Bruce (area) kids are bused to your school? or better yet given a SINGLE/FIRST TIME chance to attend your school based on the known incapabilities to pay the tuition fees? Does the single-working "Christian" mom have the opportunity to send her child to your school to recieve a non-public eduction or is she just out of luck? Pick n Choose, Pick n Choose, Pick n Choose is the policy I see occuring? :mad:

Originally posted by truthfinder

Chap Ol' Buddy, Do you have any knowledge on the number of "Special Needs" children enrolled at RHcS? Are Any children with (disabilities) able to meet the entrance Policy? or is the "policy" in place to keep out the nondeserving Christians? I point out again, How many Hillcrest-Bruce (area) kids are bused to your school? or better yet given a SINGLE/FIRST TIME chance to attend your school based on the known incapabilities to pay the tuition fees? Does the single-working "Christian" mom have the opportunity to send her child to your school to recieve a non-public eduction or is she just out of luck? Pick n Choose, Pick n Choose, Pick n Choose is the policy I see occuring? :mad:

My advice to you, sir, is not to base your opinion on pre conceived notions and prejudicial information. Get informed before making all of your assumptions.

There are a number of non athletes at Rose Hill receiving financial assistance. Your insinuations are both ignorant (as in not aware of the facts) and inflamatory.

:argue:

In short, Get a clue:fight:

Hey Truthfinder, dont open your mouth until you know all the facts about someone! My Wife graduated from Rose Hill and she did not play sports and did pocess any talents that would make Rose Hill want her, but they did accept her. There is no policy on who they accept and who they dont, so DONT go there. My Mother-in law did not have much money but she sent 3 children there, including my wife, on a very low income, with financial support from Rose Hill. She sent her children to Rose Hill for the quality of the school and for the respect of the school. So I would appreciate if you would not let your jealousy of the Rose Hill basketball program get in the way of you making an gesture of the quality and status of a school, when you do not even know the truth of their compassion and cooperation with parents to provide their children with a christian education.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again. I graduated from Rose Hill in 2000. One girl that graduated with me lived in the Hillcrest apartments. I don't know the exact numbers, but I do know she received financial aid. I also know that she was "bused" by one of the other parents of the school. Like others have said - get your facts straight :mad:

Truthfinder,

What a very questionable name for someone that didn't find out the whole truth before he opend a big'ol can of worms.

For a simple answer to your question. Yes, I am VERY aware of the acceptance policies of Rose Hill... VERY aware. For a more indepth answer, see the other posts since your last. And yes, there have been and will continue to be "special needs" children at Rose Hill, if the needs aren't so grave that a student/teacher ratio of 1-1 would not be required. (As a small private school, RH does not have the funds, like a public school, for proper support of extensive disabilities) By the way, before I taught Bible at Rose Hill, I worked for 3 years with Functionaly, Mentally, Disabled children in the Ashland School system.

Words are like toothpaste, be very careful when you squeeze, cause once they are out, you can't do a thing to put them back. And a big glob of toothpaste on your shirt, out there for everyone to see, can be quite embarrassing.

This thread has taken a turn away from the topic of Bill Walker and the circumstances around his withdrawal. I have spoken to some people very close to the school and program and they confirm what has been stated. I only want to add a couple of thoughts on this and clear up a couple of things that have been stated....

First, this was not a decision of Bill Walkers. He is only in the 9th grade. In fact, I believe that if it were up to Bill he would be in class Monday morning at Rose Hill. From all indications he loved going to school at Rose Hill, he liked his classmates and his classmates liked him. His grades were good and the teachers liked him. In spite of what some people have written, Bill was in no way a problem student. Yes, he was emotional on the basketball court, but that is part of what made Bill Walker such a great basketball player. Bill will miss the school and the school will miss him.

Second, this is about adults using a kid. I know that some people that love to bash Rose Hill will say "Wasn't Rose Hill using Bill Walker?", but that would be stupid to compare the two. To some extent every high school in the country "uses" their student-athletes to gain recognition and collect money at the gate. But to require a kid to make a life altering decision like this to benefit an AAU team is degrading to the kid, and nearly criminal IMO. I feel sorry for Bill Walker and I am deeply disappointed in his mother. I question whether she truely realizes how much she is being used.

Finally, while I believe that Rose Hill made the right decision, actually the only decision, when they were asked to return Bill to the 8th grade; I hope they haven't closed the door on this kid. As I stated earlier, I truely believe Bill wants to be at Rose Hill and maybe his mother will wake up and smell the coffee. If that day comes I hope he approaches the school about reenrolling. Not because Bill Walker can jump higher than anyone in the 16th Region and is the best 9th grade basketball player in the state of Kentucky, but because in the end, Bill Walker needs Rose Hill Christian School a lot more than the basketball team at Rose Hill needs him.

So in other words, he needs to go to school and not play basketball at Rose Hill?

If he's let back at RH then what type of example or standard does that set for others who may discover themselves in nearly the same situation???

What is the current situation with Walker? He needs to enroll in some school...when and where will it be? Wish the best for him and his future.

Originally posted by Nets

So in other words, he needs to go to school and not play basketball at Rose Hill?

If he's let back at RH then what type of example or standard does that set for others who may discover themselves in nearly the same situation???

What is the current situation with Walker? He needs to enroll in some school...when and where will it be? Wish the best for him and his future.

&

Originally posted by onetoya

To add to what Nets said, and I could be wrong, but wouldn't there be eligibility questions if Walker does return?

I'm not sure about the eligibility issue, but I would hope that Rose Hill WOULD consider allowing him back. I know that the school has been VERY forgiving in the past (as it should be) concerning allowing other students re-entry. Remember that RH's end goal is providing a Christian Atmosphere for the benefit of evangelism and discipleship.

Not that this is the same issue, but in past cases where the school has had to let children go because of disciplinary purposes, they have always had an open-door policy for the possibility of re-admission if, a suitable change in behavior has been sufficiently exhibited. I think that is the best policy. I hope that the same opprotunities would be afforded Bill as well even with the unique differences.

Is this a forum to discuss a young mans grades? AND can we take with any reliability from anyone in this arena what a kids grades are or are not. I think it in poor taste and downright wrong to post anything concerning a high school students grades. Unless you be Ryan Williams and Justin Perry who lead their class. Anything else should be kept to that child, his teachers and parents.

Originally posted by Chaplain

Not that this is the same issue, but in past cases where the school has had to let children go because of disciplinary purposes, they have always had an open-door policy for the possibility of re-admission if, a suitable change in behavior has been sufficiently exhibited. I think that is the best policy. I hope that the same opprotunities would be afforded Bill as well even with the unique differences.

Just for clarification Chaplain, Bill Walker wasn't "dismissed" from school and there was not a discipline issue involved.