Trouble at Rose Hill?

theguru

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by analyst25

So the stories the royal camp gave the local media outlets of Walker being ill was all bogus?? Just wondering:rolleyes:

I have no idea whether Walker was ill or not, but I have been told by two different sources that this is all rooted in Walker's ability to be able to play AAU ball with Mayo this summer.

So what exactly does AAU ball have to do with Walker's status playing for Rose Hill??Does anyone have answer to this one??Has the 16th Region became a little tighter at the top with Rose Hill and Morgan County??All of this is still left to be answered. I'm sure more will be revealed in the next few days and coming weeks. Guru if I can find out anything you'll be the 1st to know.

So the stories the royal camp gave the local media outlets of Walker being ill was all bogus?? Just wondering:rolleyes:

Don't act like this would be the first time you ever heard of a school or pro team giving a bogus health report to account for a players not being on the field, court, etc.

I'm not sure if that is what was being told by Rose Hill officials and others for sure, but in a story in the Ashland Daily Indepedent and I seem to remember in Coach Hall's postgame radio show him saying Bill was under the weather folowing the Harrison County game. As Arsenio Hall use to say things that make you go hmmmmm. A school built upon morals and lying to the media;). I'm not questioning officials at Rose Hill, but I seem to believe that they knew all along. Of course I could be totally off base and I apologize if I am, but if anyone can shed some light on this please do so. Thanks.

What difference does it make? I am not a supporter of the school, but I don't see what difference it makes if the school told a white lie to protect the kid and the team from intrusive questions and negative attention. Personally, I think they just didn't see a need to air their dirty laundry, especially when it involves a minor, on the radio and in the paper.

Ok, here goes, I got the same facts on this from two people I trust. Bottom line is, I think Rose Hill did the right thing.

Bill Walker wants to play on the same AAU team as OJ this summer and win a national championship. Only problem is that Walker would be passing the 9th grade and wouldn't be able to play on the 8th graders team like OJ. So Walker's mother and AAU coach wanted Rose Hill to place Walker in the 8th grade this semester. Seeing that he just passed one semester of his 9th grade year, Rose Hill would not do it. So Walker is leaving Rose Hill for any school that will put him in the 8th grade. He'll finish his 8th grade year this year wherever he goes and will play on OJ's AAU team.

It is my impression that all of this happened fairly quickly. I don't know the timeline, but I doubt RH would say Walker was sick to cover up his leaving. Remember, Walker cleaned out his locker TODAY. Illness could have set in days ago.

To answer your question goherd. The simple fact is the media does not appreciate being told falsities by coaches and administrators, that is a question that I can not answer for Rose Hill. This is what many in the media view as a question of credibility. A reporter may be left scratching their head on how to analyze a coach or school official in future meetings. I know that this happens pretty regularly, but does that make it a practice that should continue???

If that is true Guru that has to be one of the most selfish acts by a player and more importantly a parent I've ever heard of. Then in this case I applaud Rose Hill's academic administration and faculty for taking the right stance. As an educator I can truly appreciate that if this is the true answer to all of our questions.

If that is true Guru that has to be one of the most selfish acts by a player and more importantly a parent I've ever heard of. Then in this case I applaud Rose Hill's academic administration and faculty for taking the right stance. As an educator I can truly appreciate that if this is the true answer to all of our questions.

I got the same story from two different sources that have always been right on with RH info in the past...

I certainly believe you Guru, I was never questioning your sources. This is certainly a sad situation all the way around. AAU continues to be one of the many outside powers that continue to disrupt the high school game. Once again a parent and another outsider has ruined a good opportunity for a kid to gain a quality education and play basketball in the best place in the good ol' US the bluegrass state.

With him playing some as a ninth grader, will he be eligible for all four years of high school ball when he gets there, or will he be ineligible his last year. Such as if a player fails a grade in high school. You are only allowed the four years you are in high school to play and this would be basically five years if this year was included.

I won't comment on those AAU coaches in this situation :mad:

BUT... I do know of a team they both can play on this summer, together, like Walker wants, very good program, nice people too :D... Hopefully they will resume talks about this summer traveling team very soon, and be able to stay at Rose Hill and play summer ball together on the same team :)....

Would be nice to see them stay in KY, at Rose Hill......