Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Coaches Poll 9-16-13

Featured Replies

Campbell County has had recent success which lends weight to people's opinions, so Scott has to perform a lot better to get their attention.

 

I'm not sure how much better Scott can perform than 4-0 at this point.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how much better Scott can perform than 4-0 at this point.

Don't worry Eagle, if Scott continues to take care of business they will shoot up the rankings.

 

I like what Scott has done. A lot of people may harp on who they've played so far etc. but what I think is immeasurable is the confidence the wins are giving the players. There is nothing more dangerous than facing a team filled with confident players.

 

They will be fine and if they can win 3 games in district play I don't think anyone will doubt them this season.

I'm not sure how much better Scott can perform than 4-0 at this point.

 

I'm talking prior seasons. CC has back to back district titles and whether or not it's right, people tend to favor teams who have had past success. I would imagine CC was in the same boat a couple years back.

I'm talking prior seasons. CC has back to back district titles and whether or not it's right, people tend to favor teams who have had past success. I would imagine CC was in the same boat a couple years back.

 

Agree!

I'm talking prior seasons. CC has back to back district titles and whether or not it's right, people tend to favor teams who have had past success. I would imagine CC was in the same boat a couple years back.

 

 

 

Except one of those years, they went 3-7 and won an obviously terrible district. I wouldn't call that a successful season.

  • Author

Scott will have a really good team for years to come. Just watch the Taylor Mill youth teams they some very good athletes on their teams.

Except one of those years, they went 3-7 and won an obviously terrible district. I wouldn't call that a successful season.

 

Few remember that when they come back a second time and win again. It affects votes.

Campbell County is one spot above Scott so we are splitting hairs. But to compare:

 

1. Both teams have played Newport and won handily, with Scott winning much more easily.

2. I would say all three of Campbell County's other opponents - Cooper, New Cath and Highlands - are better than Scott's best opponent, Holmes.

 

I put a lot of merit in what a team does against good teams. It is all subjective but right now I consider Campbell's two wins over Cooper and New Cath are better than Scott's wins over West Jessamime and Holmes.

 

I agree.

Unless you are Campbell County right? CC beat 1 bad 2A school by 20, an avg. 2A school by 1 and had to scratch and claw to beat a Cooper team that did everything they could to lose that game and no one says a peep about them.

 

The problem with Scott is they have beaten 3 of their 4 opponents so badly that people are more willing to discredit their opponents more than credit this Scott team. I mean Scott isn't suppose to beat teams by 50 & 62 points.

 

This isn't the BCS so in the end winning means more than rankings anyhow.

 

If you had been at the Campbell Newport game you would know the didn't run their regular offense. They worked on things they felt were needing attention. NCC game they continued to shoot themselves in the leg, so I'll give you that. You cannot say that Cooper tried any harder to give the Camels the game, than the Camels did to the Jags. The Camels do have a lot to clean up. They are finally getting everyone healthy. If you looked at the Camels sideline during the Cooper game, you had to notice about 700lbs worth of linemen in shorts and tennis shoes. Plus Zabonick was either out, had limited playing time, or went out hurt in each game you referenced.

My advice to Scott fans would be don't put too much stock in the polls. The non-district part of the schedule is to work on things and to prepare yourself for district games. Enjoy the games on Friday and look forward to the next week.

 

CCHS's and Lickerts philosphy is the non district part of the schedule is like preseason, you want to win games but more importantly is to work on oppurtunities, find your strengths, and show improvement each week. If anyone has watched the Camels since week one you can see the progress.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the last time HHS was not number 1 in this poll?

Probably 2010 when Ryle beat them the last week of the regular season.

Scott will have a really good team for years to come. Just watch the Taylor Mill youth teams they some very good athletes on their teams.

 

Let me guess- a relative or someone you know plays there. Otherwise, wouldn't be mentioned

Probably 2010 when Ryle beat them the last week of the regular season.

 

That was a great game. Remember it well

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.