Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Coaches Poll 9-16-13

Featured Replies

Might be an interesting scenario. If Conner has their district locked up, will this game have much meaning?? We shall see.

 

The big challenge with week 10 games.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clyde is there for the football game and not to pick sides, not his style...He just loves good HS football and will probably stand in the endzone behind the goal post...Just sayin

 

Close. I usually sit in an uncrowded section when I'm at CCH games.

It's too early against this schedule to say they're a top 7 team. Can they eventually show that? Sure. I say you need to beat somebody first before you get #7.

 

I don't completely disagree with you. Obviously, the Cooper game next week is huge in figuring out how good this team really is. But I think anyone that has seen Scott in person would say they at least pass the eyeball test. They look very good...physically and talent wise. They are very big, and have a lot of speed, and really have pretty good depth. I don't know if you've seen them in person, Clyde, (and I suspect you haven't), but despite the schedule, they've been very impressive, and look very good.

 

I understand the skepticism, given Scott's history (or lack thereof). And I'm in no way saying they are a top 3 team in NKY. But I think 7 is right about where they belong and a fair assessment. I do think some fans are jumping the gun a little, but I also think quite a few people are selling them way short because they are Scott. Put these guys in a different uniform, and I'm telling you, they'd be ranked higher, regardless of their schedule.

I don't completely disagree with you. Obviously, the Cooper game next week is huge in figuring out how good this team really is. But I think anyone that has seen Scott in person would say they at least pass the eyeball test. They look very good...physically and talent wise. They are very big, and have a lot of speed, and really have pretty good depth. I don't know if you've seen them in person, Clyde, (and I suspect you haven't), but despite the schedule, they've been very impressive, and look very good.

 

I understand the skepticism, given Scott's history (or lack thereof). And I'm in no way saying they are a top 3 team in NKY. But I think 7 is right about where they belong and a fair assessment. I do think some fans are jumping the gun a little, but I also think quite a few people are selling them way short because they are Scott. Put these guys in a different uniform, and I'm telling you, they'd be ranked higher, regardless of their schedule.

 

Once Scott plays Cooper and Conner, they will get the credit they deserve if they win. Rankings are earned by beating people that others deem are good opponents. If Scott is the real deal, they will get the respect they deserve in due time.

Once Scott plays Cooper and Conner, they will get the credit they deserve if they win. Rankings are earned by beating people that others deem are good opponents. If Scott is the real deal, they will get the respect they deserve in due time.

 

Believe me, I know how rankings work. I think their ranking right now is fair. But talent wise, and based on the way they've played (I'm not talking about who they've played), if they were any other school in NKY, I think they'd be ranked higher. Traditions do have a little bit of influence in rankings.

Believe me, I know how rankings work. I think their ranking right now is fair. But talent wise, and based on the way they've played (I'm not talking about who they've played), if they were any other school in NKY, I think they'd be ranked higher. Traditions do have a little bit of influence in rankings.

 

I disagree that they would be ranked higher. Their schedule is too weak to rank them any higher than they are and I don't think it would be different if their name were Cov Cath or Beechwood. If either of those two had to have a miracle finish to beat West Jessamine, there would be a lot of people questioning where they should be ranked.

 

You can't separate the way they've played from the who they've played. Weak teams do not expose a good team's weaknesses. That is why I say the game that helps Scott's credibility is the Holmes game. That is the game that says they deserve to be #7. Holmes is solid and Scott handled them rather easily.

 

You get what you earn in rankings. Tradition, last year's record and this year's returning talent impact your starting point but from game one on, you have to earn where you are in rankings every week by playing and beating good opponents. Scott's argument to be ranked higher gets an opportunity to be blostered in two weeks versus Cooper. Until then, they have earned #7 in this ranking and no more.

I disagree that they would be ranked higher. Their schedule is too weak to rank them any higher than they are and I don't think it would be different if their name were Cov Cath or Beechwood. If either of those two had to have a miracle finish to beat West Jessamine, there would be a lot of people questioning where they should be ranked.

 

You can't separate the way they've played from the who they've played. Weak teams do not expose a good team's weaknesses. That is why I say the game that helps Scott's credibility is the Holmes game. That is the game that says they deserve to be #7. Holmes is solid and Scott handled them rather easily.

 

You get what you earn in rankings. Tradition, last year's record and this year's returning talent impact your starting point but from game one on, you have to earn where you are in rankings every week by playing and beating good opponents. Scott's argument to be ranked higher gets an opportunity to be blostered in two weeks versus Cooper. Until then, they have earned #7 in this ranking and no more.

 

I've said 7 is just about right for where they are at right now, and that the Cooper game is the real measure of who they are. I think this poll has it right. I feel like too many Scott fans think they should be higher, and too many people think that this is pretty much only a slighter better version of what Scott has always been.

 

I'll also stick the the fact that the W. Jessamine game is a better win than people are giving them credit for. Long trip, bus stuck in traffic, late starting game, against a team with one of the better running backs in the state. They overcame a lot of adversity against a decent team.

 

But looking at the teams ahead of them, I can't really say Scott would easily beat any of them.

^ After the Holy Cross game, right?

 

And actually, they should be a big favorite over Grant County in 3 weeks.

^ After the Holy Cross game, right?

 

And actually, they should be a big favorite over Grant County in 3 weeks.

 

I meant ahead of them in the rankings:thumb: Over the remaining games, they should be big favorites against HC, and Grant County. Cooper and South Oldham are toss ups. They should be a solid favorite over Mason County. The Conner game is the game where they are a clear underdog.

I meant ahead of them in the rankings:thumb: Over the remaining games, they should be big favorites against HC, and Grant County. Cooper and South Oldham are toss ups. They should be a solid favorite over Mason County. The Conner game is the game where they are a clear underdog.

 

I actually think Mason Co. could be a decent game. Mason Co. has been playing good some football.

Close. I usually sit in an uncrowded section when I'm at CCH games.

 

It's always easy to spot Clyde at a CovCath hoops game, just look for someone "holding up a wall". :lol:

I disagree that they would be ranked higher. Their schedule is too weak to rank them any higher than they are and I don't think it would be different if their name were Cov Cath or Beechwood. If either of those two had to have a miracle finish to beat West Jessamine, there would be a lot of people questioning where they should be ranked.

 

You can't separate the way they've played from the who they've played. Weak teams do not expose a good team's weaknesses. That is why I say the game that helps Scott's credibility is the Holmes game. That is the game that says they deserve to be #7. Holmes is solid and Scott handled them rather easily.

 

You get what you earn in rankings. Tradition, last year's record and this year's returning talent impact your starting point but from game one on, you have to earn where you are in rankings every week by playing and beating good opponents. Scott's argument to be ranked higher gets an opportunity to be blostered in two weeks versus Cooper. Until then, they have earned #7 in this ranking and no more.

 

Unless you are Campbell County right? CC beat 1 bad 2A school by 20, an avg. 2A school by 1 and had to scratch and claw to beat a Cooper team that did everything they could to lose that game and no one says a peep about them.

 

The problem with Scott is they have beaten 3 of their 4 opponents so badly that people are more willing to discredit their opponents more than credit this Scott team. I mean Scott isn't suppose to beat teams by 50 & 62 points.

 

This isn't the BCS so in the end winning means more than rankings anyhow.

I've said 7 is just about right for where they are at right now, and that the Cooper game is the real measure of who they are. I think this poll has it right. I feel like too many Scott fans think they should be higher, and too many people think that this is pretty much only a slighter better version of what Scott has always been.

 

I'll also stick the the fact that the W. Jessamine game is a better win than people are giving them credit for. Long trip, bus stuck in traffic, late starting game, against a team with one of the better running backs in the state. They overcame a lot of adversity against a decent team.

But looking at the teams ahead of them, I can't really say Scott would easily beat any of them.

 

 

 

You are not allowed to use that excuse unless you are Highlands. :)

Unless you are Campbell County right? CC beat 1 bad 2A school by 20, an avg. 2A school by 1 and had to scratch and claw to beat a Cooper team that did everything they could to lose that game and no one says a peep about them.

 

The problem with Scott is they have beaten 3 of their 4 opponents so badly that people are more willing to discredit their opponents more than credit this Scott team. I mean Scott isn't suppose to beat teams by 50 & 62 points.

 

This isn't the BCS so in the end winning means more than rankings anyhow.

 

Campbell County is one spot above Scott so we are splitting hairs. But to compare:

 

1. Both teams have played Newport and won handily, with Scott winning much more easily.

2. I would say all three of Campbell County's other opponents - Cooper, New Cath and Highlands - are better than Scott's best opponent, Holmes.

 

I put a lot of merit in what a team does against good teams. It is all subjective but right now I consider Campbell's two wins over Cooper and New Cath are better than Scott's wins over West Jessamime and Holmes.

Unless you are Campbell County right? CC beat 1 bad 2A school by 20, an avg. 2A school by 1 and had to scratch and claw to beat a Cooper team that did everything they could to lose that game and no one says a peep about them.

 

The problem with Scott is they have beaten 3 of their 4 opponents so badly that people are more willing to discredit their opponents more than credit this Scott team. I mean Scott isn't suppose to beat teams by 50 & 62 points.

 

This isn't the BCS so in the end winning means more than rankings anyhow.

 

Campbell County has had recent success which lends weight to people's opinions, so Scott has to perform a lot better to get their attention.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.