September 3, 201313 yr IMO the DC was the instigator. He wasn't coming over to say "good game." Bad blood between these two schools. Apparently they agreed before the game to not have a post-game handshake. I personally think both should be fired. It is plain and obvious that the "winner" was the instigator of the problem. His poor example led to this fiasco. If he doesn't come over, this doesn't happen. FWIW, the D Coordinator knows they aren't going to shake hands but keeps advancing despite the hand being held up by the opposing coach to stop. The Head Coach should be fired as well IMO.
September 3, 201313 yr &action_type_map=["og.likes"]&action_ref_map=[""]#/0"]http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/197256855468605353/ahsaa-needs-to-ban-cullman-walker-from-playoffs-for-post-game-fight-paul-beaudry-photos-video/?fb_action_ids=597925700257480&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_ref=s=showShareBarUI:p=facebook-like&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=[229838917168518]&action_type_map=["og.likes"]&action_ref_map=[""]#/0 Interesting take from this editorial. Don't say I agree but it is interesting.
September 3, 201313 yr Another update. Seems that the AHSAA is meeting today to review the incident. Alabama High School Athletic Association meeting Tues. over Walker-Cullman football Brawl | WIAT CBS42
September 3, 201313 yr &action_type_map=["og.likes"]&action_ref_map=[""]#/0"]http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/197256855468605353/ahsaa-needs-to-ban-cullman-walker-from-playoffs-for-post-game-fight-paul-beaudry-photos-video/?fb_action_ids=597925700257480&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_ref=s=showShareBarUI:p=facebook-like&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=[229838917168518]&action_type_map=["og.likes"]&action_ref_map=[""]#/0 Interesting take from this editorial. Don't say I agree but it is interesting. Whoa... trim that link down.
September 3, 201313 yr IMO the DC was the instigator. He wasn't coming over to say "good game." Bad blood between these two schools. Apparently they agreed before the game to not have a post-game handshake. I watched it again this morning on the Today show and I don't think you can tell who is the instigator on the file. Clearly the DC is headed toward the opposing head coach, but whether he is doing that on his own or was provoked is unclear.
September 3, 201313 yr I watched it again this morning on the Today show and I don't think you can tell who is the instigator on the file. Clearly the DC is headed toward the opposing head coach, but whether he is doing that on his own or was provoked is unclear. Provoked or not doesn't matter. The opposing coach should not have thrown a punch but the DC was the instigator by approaching the other coach. That said both have to be fired.
September 3, 201313 yr Provoked or not doesn't matter. The opposing coach should not have thrown a punch but the DC was the instigator by approaching the other coach. That said both have to be fired. I need to know what the DC said before I can say with certainty that he should be fired.
September 3, 201313 yr Way to set a great example for your kids guys. Depending on what was said, I assume the coach thought he had to go into self defense mode. But I'd need to know the circumstances.
September 3, 201313 yr I need to know what the DC said before I can say with certainty that he should be fired. It doesn't matter knowing the that there was obviously bad blood to start with. I'm going Trayvon on you here...had the DC not gone over to the other coach the fight would never have happened.
September 3, 201313 yr From the various sites I read earlier, there is a strong history of dislike between these 2 programs. So much so, that the coaches agreed "prior" to the game that they would not shake hands after the game in order to avoid and ugly incident. During the game, the losing team had an official's mistake go against them. Late in the game the winning team had the ball and faced what should have been 4th and 9 but the box on the field said 3rd down. The officials did not correct the mistake. On the ensuing play the gain was 6 yards and short of a First Down. Ball should have been turned over on downs but because of the box man, it was now 4th and 3. Winning team makes the First Down and goes on to score with :18 left from six yards out to win the game. If both squads knew this game had possible problems, why go over and say anything to the other side afterwards? It baits a response. The HC of the losing team should have turned his back and concerned himself only with his kids. His anger of the officials mistake was too much I guess. Either way, I hold them both responsible.
September 3, 201313 yr It doesn't matter knowing the that there was obviously bad blood to start with. I'm going Trayvon on you here...had the DC not gone over to the other coach the fight would never have happened. Then you can't say fire the head coach for standing his ground.
September 3, 201313 yr Then you can't say fire the head coach for standing his ground. So true, will they be banned in Florida from playing.
September 3, 201313 yr So true, will they be banned in Florida from playing. Of course not. You can finish a fight any way you want to in Florida.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.