UK looking at Owens from Boyd County

Tiny

I really hope something good happens for Owens and he ends up being a big time college basketball player. But please tell me that Tubby Smith isn't dumb enough to waste another scholarship on a middle of the road guard. Unless Owens grows to about 6'7" by next year he is not the answer to UK's problems.

Rickyp - Your avatar scares me. :eek:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope something good happens for Owens and he ends up being a big time college basketball player. But please tell me that Tubby Smith isn't dumb enough to waste another scholarship on a middle of the road guard. Unless Owens grows to about 6'7" by next year he is not the answer to UK's problems.

What alot of people don't know is that he won't even have to use a scholarship on him, Tubby can get Owens for free.

Owens is a nice player but he is not a SEC prospect by any means. He would do good to maybe cross the creek and attend a school like Marshall or an OVC school and even that might be a bit of a reach..

Have you even watched Owens play?? SEC may be a bit of a stretch, but even SEC play is down here of late, but to think that he couldn't play at Marshall or an OVC school is ludacris. I guess that is why Travis Ford at UMASS is wanting Owens to attend school there.

My gut feelings tell me this thread was started because the person heard the Owens got complimentary tickets to a UK game. "Token tickets" are often given to in-state players just to keep any pipelines open to potential recruits for the near-future and down the road it that players school or area. I follow state basketball closely and watch the recruiting trails. I can tell you about 20 to 25 in-state kids who have been invited to UK games just as Boyd was. But being invited to a game does not make a kid a "bona-fide recruit." It is though in its own a regard an accomplishment to even be considered for tickets to a game.

Nope.No token tickets,just a visit and a letter and they want his

high school transcripts. :thumb:

Kinda funny how everyone was highly protecting Vanhoose from Russell when these same comments were being made last week about him going to UK. The same ones that protected him are on here bashing Owens....what happened to all that crap about supporting our 16th Region Players....Kinda crap now, isnt it?????

Kinda funny how everyone was highly protecting Vanhoose from Russell when these same comments were being made last week about him going to UK. The same ones that protected him are on here bashing Owens....what happened to all that crap about supporting our 16th Region Players....Kinda crap now, isnt it?????

Its the same crap that comes from people that

dont know nothing.Good Quote Redblood. :thumb:

Owens has a better shot at going to UK than Vanhoose any day. He is the better player.

Have you even watched Owens play?? SEC may be a bit of a stretch, but even SEC play is down here of late, but to think that he couldn't play at Marshall or an OVC school is ludacris. I guess that is why Travis Ford at UMASS is wanting Owens to attend school there.

O.K. I overlooked Marshall on the list and yes I believe he could play there and some other OVC schools.You are correct about the SEC..That would be a huge stretch. Oh and I've seen him play 3 times.