UK looking at Owens from Boyd County

Tiny

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing against Owens, because he is by far the best talent in the 16th Region. But, If Owens goes to Kentucky, it will definitely be another recruiting mistake by Tubby! Tubby is a good to great coach, but not a very good recruiter. That has been his major issue at KY for years.

Owens is not (IMO) talented enough to guide a SEC caliber team into national contention. He would be just another Stockton on the roster of nobodies.

Nothing against Owens, because he is by far the best talent in the 16th Region. But, If Owens goes to Kentucky, it will definitely be another recruiting mistake by Tubby! Tubby is a good to great coach, but not a very good recruiter. That has been his major issue at KY for years.

Owens is not (IMO) talented enough to guide a SEC caliber team into national contention. He would be just another Stockton on the roster of nobodies.

I would have to disagree with you. I have seen this Owen's kid play and he is smooth as silk. A tremendous ball player.

Yes a tremendous ball player against athletes from the 16th region. He is not near an sec player. I think Marshall, or a small division one school or something like that would be ok, but as far as UK, come on people, no way.

Sportsy, you are correct that Owens is smooth as silk! But please listen to AtLeast along with others outside the "program" that he is not SEC caliber level. If Marquis Dawson was not D1 SEC level a couple of years ago, I dont believe Owens is. Marshall or Small Div1 school is a definite go! But attitude and being a team player is what is holding him back to maybe stepping it up a level in College. If he can make the grades and work out the obvious personal issues on the court, then he has a very promising future at the next level.

I agree. He is a great player for the 16th region, but I wouldnt want his attitude issues to harm UK's program.

All I know is that he is better than what Tubby has coming off of the bench right now. Granted Tubby isn't a very good recruiter, but maybe he is seeing some error in ways of late by not recruiting instate talent(Lofton). Good luck Antonio and I wish only the best for you. It also wouldn't suprise me if they would want him to redshirt for a year in order to develop his game further for SEC play. He has the skills, they just need the experience and the refining.

I agree. He is a great player for the 16th region, but I wouldnt want his attitude issues to harm UK's program.

I don't think attitude would be an issue at UK. College has a way of making kids grow up, and if you don't then you won't play or you'll be gone.

IMO, Owens would be a great JUCO player with the potential to play Big time college basketball. Let him mature on the court his freshman and/or soph. years and take a chance on him. His skills are unreal for someone who's only playing in his first year competively. Best of luck to him!