Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bowling Green ranked 24th in nation by Maxpreps.

Featured Replies

Purples moved up 32 spots to claim the #24 ranking in Maxpreps new rankings. Trinity is 58th and Highlands is 80th. I'm just the messenger, so go easy on me. I was hesitant to post this because everyone doesn't agree with these rankings, but I do and my Purples deserve the props. It is great to have 3 teams in the top 100.

Equally impressive, Nacarius Fant is statistically 17th in the nation for all Wide Receivers. Both he and Hayes will continue to move up in their prospective positions.

Purples moved up 32 spots to claim the #24 ranking in Maxpreps new rankings. Trinity is 58th and Highlands is 80th. I'm just the messenger, so go easy on me. I was hesitant to post this because everyone doesn't agree with these rankings, but I do and my Purples deserve the props. It is great to have 3 teams in the top 100.

 

I am glad you posted it but this stuff is flat out nuts.

 

MaxPreps, USA Today, or whoever has no Earthly idea where teams rank on a national scale.

Correction, Maxpreps now has Nacarius listed as 23 for all Wide Receivers.

  • Author

Posted by Guru

I am glad you posted it but this stuff is flat out nuts.

 

MaxPreps, USA Today, or whoever has no Earthly idea where teams rank on a national scale.

 

 

 

I agree. I'm not sure myself. The coaches poll is bad enough, but the computer rankings are a joke. Most people on here feel the same way, unless their team is the one that is highly ranked.:)

Edited by Adopted Purple
Forgot to quote

Congrats to the Purples!!!

 

Ditto my friend. I don't care whether the rankings are bogus or not. I think it's great publicity for the BG program, coaches and players (and I know that the BG players think it is as cool as can be).

The Purples are the best team in the state this year, hands down!

 

Congrats on their early season accomplishment.

  • Author
Ditto my friend. I don't care whether the rankings are bogus or not. I think it's great publicity for the BG program, coaches and players (and I know that the BG players think it is as cool as can be).

 

They sure do my friend. People need to remember that these are teenagers. I have been watching my adopted team for over 25 years and only missed 4 games. The thing that makes me the proudest is seeing former Purples doing great things in our community and all over. It may just be a game, but it is a character builder as well. Thank you for your kind words.

Good to hear, congratulations to BG! Going to try to catch a game this fall.

Looks like Bryan Station picked one heck of a schedule with BG this friday followed by Highlands.....I'm sure folks will be watching the outcome of these two matchups. I like that Bryan Station appeared to take on all comers......Good luck friday Purps.

Equally impressive, Nacarius Fant is statistically 17th in the nation for all Wide Receivers. Both he and Hayes will continue to move up in their prospective positions.

 

I believe well deserved jumps. LexCath planned and for the most part executed a plan focused keep Fant as contained as possible. And the Knights got Hayes to pull down the ball a number of plays with good coverage. But even then Hayes can make you pay on the run (he did). And if Fant has a step on the run (one TD) or has time to adjust the route to avoid double zone coverage (first TD), or turn a broken play into something (another TD) Hayes seems to find him. This is a special pair and should get some attention at the national level.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.