Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

We All Know THIS Guy

Featured Replies

I'm in Richmond, VA. A guy heard me say I was from the Cincinnati area. Here's the discussion that ensued.

 

Dude: You familiar with Moeller?

Me: Moeller in Cincinnati? Yes.

Dude: I had a chance to play there.

Me: You lived in Cincinnati?

Dude: No, Buffalo. They were recruiting me.

 

(At this point I know what guy I'm dealing with here)

 

Dude: I stayed home and won a state championship.

Me: Congrats

Dude: I got a scholarship offer from Buffalo.

Me: Nice

Dude: Oklahoma invited me out to "practice with the team." (think about that)

Me: They offered you a scholarship?

Dude: No. They had me come out and practice against their defense.

Me(trying to figure out how to get out of this conversation): Wow.

Dude: You know the holes in football?

Me: Yes (I won't type what pronoun I used)

Dude: Bosworth came shooting through the 3 hole and almost knocked me out.

Me: That sucks.

Me: So you went to Buffalo?

Dude: No. I enlisted.

 

At that point I faked that my wife was calling and left.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhhh, THAT guy.

  • Author

Details from the supposed state championship game:

 

Dude: We were losing by 3 and they were driving and close to scoring again. My buddy (of course) picked off a pass and ran it back 80 yards for a TD as time expired.

Me: (bit my tongue and didn't say 'why would a team who is close to scoring with 10 to 15 seconds left pass the ball?')

Dude: They were an all-black team (of course) and they started a fight with us. Police had to escort us off the field.

Me: Too bad.

Dude: Yeah but we still had time to tear down the goalposts.

Me: (Wanting to say "so the other team waited for you to tear down the goalposts and THEN fought you?")

Just so we are clear, I WAS NOT in Richmond today. :D

Why does the dude have to be from Buffalo????

:idunno:

  • Author
Why does the dude have to be from Buffalo????

:idunno:

 

I wish I could remember what high school he said.

I've met him......

 

He was the best player from his high school.

Prom and Homecoming King

Valedictorian

....and the kid in his HS that also dated the teacher.......

 

......he was Home Schooled.

Details from the supposed state championship game:

 

Dude: We were losing by 3 and they were driving and close to scoring again. My buddy (of course) picked off a pass and ran it back 80 yards for a TD as time expired.

Me: (bit my tongue and didn't say 'why would a team who is close to scoring with 10 to 15 seconds left pass the ball?')

Dude: They were an all-black team (of course) and they started a fight with us. Police had to escort us off the field.

Me: Too bad.

Dude: Yeah but we still had time to tear down the goalposts.

Me: (Wanting to say "so the other team waited for you to tear down the goalposts and THEN fought you?")

 

Nice.

 

I love running into this guy. I always try to remember his face, as I figure I've got a 50/50 shot to see it plastered on CNN somewhere down the road.

 

On the quoted, I usually have to say what you bit your tongue on when talking to "that guy." Or at least reference it in a way that I deem clever.

I've met him......

 

He was the best player from his high school.

Prom and Homecoming King

Valedictorian

....and the kid in his HS that also dated the teacher.......

 

......he was Home Schooled.

Springsteen's "Glory Days" is stuck in my head.

I've met him......

 

He was the best player from his high school.

Prom and Homecoming King

Valedictorian

....and the kid in his HS that also dated the teacher.......

 

......he was Home Schooled.

 

I think he plays pick up hoops. "the coach forgot to send in my tapes"

I think he plays pick up hoops. "the coach forgot to send in my tapes"

 

Reminds me of some of the guys I played with in College....the ones who never got to play!

I've met him......

 

He was the best player from his high school.

Prom and Homecoming King

Valedictorian

....and the kid in his HS that also dated the teacher.......

 

......he was Home Schooled.

 

I wish I was THIS guy

I've met him......

 

He was the best player from his high school.

Prom and Homecoming King

Valedictorian

....and the kid in his HS that also dated the teacher.......

 

......he was Home Schooled.

You forgot: "he didn't get to play college ball because either, an injury, or because his high school coach wouldn't help him get recruited".

I see you ran into Ukfan's brother while in Richmond, he is a hoot isnt he.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.