Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Has Kevin Ware Been Dismissed From UL?

Featured Replies

What separates this report from the rumors I have seen thus far is this one line:

 

this dismissal has been confirmed by a support staff member of the University of Louisville men’s basketball team on more than one occasion.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As he said 14 times... It was started in Lou but not allowed to be told.

 

So you're telling me you REALLY believe that not ONE person, radio station, news paper, or news program would run that story if it were true?

The only question I have as I try to wade through this mess of a subject is has the UL athletic department commented (or even been asked to comment that we know of) on the matter? That's really who I'm interested in hearing from. If they say there's nothing there, I wouldn't waste my time.

What separates this report from the rumors I have seen thus far is this one line:

 

this dismissal has been confirmed by a support staff member of the University of Louisville men’s basketball team on more than one occasion.

 

I could write a blog that says the same thing... Put a name to that "support staff member" and then we may be getting somewhere.

The only question I have as I try to wade through this mess of a subject is has the UL athletic department commented (or even been asked to comment that we know of) on the matter? That's really who I'm interested in hearing from. If they say there's nothing there, I wouldn't waste my time.

 

Part of me agrees I'd like to hear from them. Another part says, if there's nothing there, why even address it?

I could write a blog that says the same thing... Put a name to that "support staff member" and then we may be getting somewhere.

 

I agree with you. I'm just saying that's what makes this particular report stand out. Everything I've read up to this point is simply along the lines of "rumors are swirling that Kevin Ware was kicked off." This "support staff member" takes it up a notch in my view.

 

As I said in the other thread, I think there is at least some truth to this. If I'm forced to take an opinion, I think there was at least some disciplinary action involving Kevin Ware. I think that partially because of all the talk & partially because problems have plagued him in the past.

Part of me agrees I'd like to hear from them. Another part says, if there's nothing there, why even address it?

 

I can see that line of thinking. There's probably not a good answer on that. I tend to err towards if it's not true, kill it. But then maybe some might scream coverup and all that nonsense.

I agree with you. I'm just saying that's what makes this particular report stand out. Everything I've read up to this point is simply along the lines of "rumors are swirling that Kevin Ware was kicked off." This "support staff member" takes it up a notch in my view.

 

As I said in the other thread, I think there is at least some truth to this. If I'm forced to take an opinion, I think there was at least some disciplinary action involving Kevin Ware. I think that partially because of all the talk & partially because problems have plagued him in the past.

 

I definitely agree that something probably did happen. I think it's safe to assume that. I just think it's silly to think/believe that if Ware was dismissed, he was let back on the team for no other reason than to cover up the story. That just doesn't even make sense to me.

I definitely agree that something probably did happen. I think it's safe to assume that. I just think it's silly to think/believe that if Ware was dismissed, he was let back on the team for no other reason than to cover up the story. That just doesn't even make sense to me.

 

If he was suspended & let back on, I think the primary reasoning for that is that no one wants to see his story end with a suspension.

 

So you're telling me you REALLY believe that not ONE person, radio station, news paper, or news program would run that story if it were true?

 

Did they run stories when Teagues high school coach was let go after he flipped to UK?

I'll be very sad to find out if this is true. I have my doubts and those doubts stem from my biggest problem with this story...

 

In what universe would any news outlet not want to be the one to break a story like this? Whether it's the C-J, WDRB-TV or the crazy guy shouting on the corner outside Fourth Street Live, this would be a massive story that would drive page views, ratings, paper sales... whatever. And the story would then definitely get picked up by numerous national outlets due to the attention Ware got during the tournament in March. Any publisher/owner would love to have that story if it was there to get. The idea that the Louisville media would deliberately avoid it seems completely ludicrous to me.

Did they run stories when Teagues high school coach was let go after he flipped to UK?

 

I'm not familiar with that situation at all, so honestly I can't speak on it.

I'll be very sad to find out if this is true. I have my doubts and those doubts stem from my biggest problem with this story...

 

In what universe would any news outlet not want to be the one to break a story like this? Whether it's the C-J, WDRB-TV or the crazy guy shouting on the corner outside Fourth Street Live, this would be a massive story that would drive page views, ratings, paper sales... whatever. And the story would then definitely get picked up by numerous national outlets due to the attention Ware got during the tournament in March. Any publisher/owner would love to have that story if it was there to get. The idea that the Louisville media would deliberately avoid it seems completely ludicrous to me.

 

Exactly how I feel. :thumb:

I'll be very sad to find out if this is true. I have my doubts and those doubts stem from my biggest problem with this story...

 

In what universe would any news outlet not want to be the one to break a story like this? Whether it's the C-J, WDRB-TV or the crazy guy shouting on the corner outside Fourth Street Live, this would be a massive story that would drive page views, ratings, paper sales... whatever. And the story would then definitely get picked up by numerous national outlets due to the attention Ware got during the tournament in March. Any publisher/owner would love to have that story if it was there to get. The idea that the Louisville media would deliberately avoid it seems completely ludicrous to me.

 

This is has been my thinking in regards to the media, for the most part. I can certainly see some media not being anxious to cover/report this. But I have a really hard time thinking that all of them would avoid it.

Just to reiterate.....guy that is with Pitino in California at Del Mar.....told my buddy that he is still on the. I am assuming that came from Rick P. It was a text chain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.