Highlands vs. Trinity

Who wins?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Even their radio announcers had class. Thought they did a good job. Didn't hear the entire game, but what I did hear was good. Mutual respect for these two programs.

Now that is a statement to think about. Rarely, if ever, have I heard a school's radio announcers that I thought "did a good job". I know it is homers on these broadcasts but they are 99% of the time so much homers it is hard to listen. A good hard tackle is hit of the century and a one cut TD run is a bloody screaming run of the season. But, with a program like Trinity's, I would expect nothing but the best even in the home team radio broadcast.

True story, yesterday afternoon about 12 of us Highlands fans, doned in our Highlands garb wine and dine at the local establishment next door to Trinity at the sports bar Drakes.

Apparently this is a regular spot for the T fans to pregame and toast postgame victories.

Our service was absolutely horrible at Drakes. Not because of our H Blue but the fact that the server was new and was just overwhelmed with the numbers. We were tolerable and understood and were rolling with it.

About the time the check arrived, the manager did as well. She kindly appologized for the lack of service and attention and asked for nothing in return but to just make sure we were happy.

It certainly wasn't the money that made us happy but the way she handled it, we respected her server and she returned the same respect.

I sorta walked away from the scrimmage with the same feeling I had in Drakes. Just sayin

Great job Louisvillle Trinity, thanks for the hospitality.:thumb:

Bluebird run defense looked great. Are the Birds porous with the pass defense? Seems the Trinity team beat the Birds in the air last night.

After the 3rd play of the game HHS was down to 1 starting DB.....it was a long night after that. HHS will be fine after Monday's personnel adjustments...

All will be fine!!!

What's the big deal? Just trying to get him to calm down and get off the HHS hate wagon ..........and I am not an HHS fan but I do have respect for them.

No. I love it. Best post in a long time. :ylsuper:

Here's my theory on why Dale schedules this scrimmage with Trinity: He knows it's a for-sure loss. He wants his players to feel that sting of a loss, and know that they never want to feel that again.

The above is said with tongue ever-so-slightly in cheek

True but didnt Dale say this was his best team he has ever coached and I think he actually meant it. Didnt Trinity lose some talented skilled players? 48 points is a tough pill to swallow I am sure for Coach W and the Defense. They better get that fixed before the Florida boys come to town.

Good test though and should help in preparation for next week's big game on ESPNU.

Go Birds....now the real season starts.

I think Dale pulled a Chuck Daly on everyone; players and fans.:eyeonyou: Look for the Birds to slash and burn 4A from here on out.....

I gotta say, I am disappointed. I know Trinity is a machine, but I was hoping and expecting more out of the Birds.

VOR, I'm not sure if I agree with your disappointment.

As said before, Trinity is one of the best teams in the country. Yes, I was hoping and expecting that the Birds would have done better also. The Birds scored 21 on the Rocks against their first team. Obviously, the Birds were working on their passing game and not running the ball very often. T had problems stopping the passing game of Highlands without having to guard against the run. I was disappointed when the Birds didn't score inside the Rocks 5 yard line. I agree with Sweep the T people have a lot of class and I love their stadium.

Perhaps, we should save this thread until we see what the powerhouse do against T on that tough Trinity schedule. If the powerhouses don't do any better, then maybe the scrimmage wasn't so bad after all.

I hope all the injured players on both teams recover fully and quickly. Any updates on the injured players would be appreciated.