It's A Boy!

All Tell

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had this child been a girl she would have been the first girl guarenteed succession. Had the current queen had a younger brother he would have become king and she would have been passed over. That was recently changed.

Sent from my Samsung Stratosphere using Forum Runner

Had this child been a girl she would have been the first girl guarenteed succession. Had the current queen had a younger brother he would have become king and she would have been passed over. That was recently changed.

Sent from my Samsung Stratosphere using Forum Runner

But they were pulling for a boy, correct? That is usually how it works even though I know the custom changed. Say they had a girl and Harry had a boy, would that boy been in line for the throne?

Some of y'all are posting an awful lot in a thread about something you care nothing about. :lol:

Personally, I'm thrilled the baby is here, and can't wait to watch the little tyke grow up. I love the British royalty. Heck, I love the British. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I knew they were pregnant, but didn't have a clue they were due any time soon. Would've never known if it weren't for this thread. :idunno:

Well now you know! (Forget where I always heard that saying so I'll take credit, lol).

-----

Most in England do care about the monarchy, it got a bit tough after Diana died as the Queen didn't understand the love the public had for her, and it took the Queen a bit of time to realize she was hurting the approval of the monarchy, I say it was a generation and "stiff upper lip" thing.

I have heard that Harry did not even want the throne, so I am thinking he is happy they had a kid so he moves down. No one can be upset at him or William, both do a lot for people, and Harry having served in the Middle East, and being a prince he had a huge target and bounty on his head over there.

I also heard from people over there that Charles might abdicate the throne and it will go straight from the Queen to William, it will be up to Charles alone if he does this. But I also heard about 7 years ago that the Queen was thinking about abdicating the throne and it was going to Charles, but I think that was due to her health issues at the time.

Not to pick on you SG...but it's abdicate...which is to give up. I'm sure she DOES advocate the throne going to someone eventually though! If not, it's the end of the Monarchy!

Edited by rockmom