It's A Boy!

All Tell

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But they were pulling for a boy, correct? That is usually how it works even though I know the custom changed. Say they had a girl and Harry had a boy, would that boy been in line for the throne?

Not anymore, this child regardless of sex, regardless of siblings or cousins will be the monarch after William. They only way that won't happen is if this child predeceases his father, then his next sibling would assume the throne. If this child is an only and predeceases his father then Harry is in line and Harry's kids would follow succession. If William dies before he becomes king then this child is next in line. Harry and his kids have a long way and lots of deaths to go through before they get the big chair.

And RM just because I think that a constitutional monarchy with all the pomp that surrounds them is a totally stupid concept in this day and age I still find the rules of the monarchy very interesting. For instance did you know that until recently the secretary of state had to be present at the birth of a potential heir to the throne to witness that the child was a true born heir. Kind of gives a whole new meaning to witnessing the crowning of a future king doesn't it? :)

Some of y'all are posting an awful lot in a thread about something you care nothing about. :lol:

Personally, I'm thrilled the baby is here, and can't wait to watch the little tyke grow up. I love the British royalty. Heck, I love the British. :lol:

I am an unabashed anglophile and find it all interesting. Though the baby stuff has not excited me all that much.

But I also heard about 7 years ago that the Queen was thinking about abdicating the throne and it was going to Charles, but I think that was due to her health issues at the time.

I did not know that. But I was thinking today that after Queen Elizabeth is gone, it will be a very very long time before there is another queen.

I did not know that. But I was thinking today that after Queen Elizabeth is gone, it will be a very very long time before there is another queen.

As it stands right now the next possible queen would be he who has no name's firstborn if a girl.

Sent from my Samsung Stratosphere using Forum Runner