Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will there be another black POTUS?

Will there be another black POTUS 32 members have voted

  1. 1. Will there be another black POTUS

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I contend that in the fake smugness department, McCain takes the cake hands down. He no longer surprises or upsets me with it anymore as it has become expected. Now all I do is laugh at him. The man is shameless, pathetic, and ridiculous.

nope, Clinton had no peer in fake and smug.

  • Replies 91
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The last 2 Rep candidates were not extremists, but had to address extreme right issues to get the nomination. The problem is the party itself is not perceived as being inclusive. They need to stay out of people's bedrooms and their religious and social beliefs to attract the the national majority. They will continue to win local and state elections, but have huge issues to overcome nationally. We will see another black, a hispanic and female elected. No doubt in my mind. Dems have a more unified and organized machine and can win with inferior candidates on the national level.

 

They've certainly proved that the past two elections but don't bet on it continuing. Politics changes in a hurry.

Ugh.

I was all set to support Herman Cain for the White House, and probably still would, but my dealings with some Tea Party folks really put a damper on things.

 

 

Just thought I'd toss that in.

I never expected to see a black liberal elected president and I think that Obama's poor performance, his racist appointees, and his own race baiting will be an obstacle for any liberal black to be elected for many years. I expect to see a conservative black president before another one from the extreme left wing of the Democratic Party.

Obama is black and Zimmerman is Hispanic. I still can't believe you guys missed the racial draft this year. White people want no parts of either person. :D

I never expected to see a black liberal elected president and I think that Obama's poor performance, his racist appointees, and his own race baiting will be an obstacle for any liberal black to be elected for many years. I expect to see a conservative black president before another one from the extreme left wing of the Democratic Party.

 

 

Put me on record.....there will NEVER be a conservative black president in the next 50-60 years of my life.

Put me on record.....there will NEVER be a conservative black president in the next 50-60 years of my life.

 

Its a pretty sad narrative. I would hope you are wrong. But...until the culture within the black community changes then I see this holding true. At some point the blame has to fall on someone's shoulders. The SITUATION needs to be accepted within the community.

Put me on record.....there will NEVER be a conservative black president in the next 50-60 years of my life.
Why?
Why?

 

 

Too big of a mountain to climb. It is easier for a black democrat to win. A black democrat will get the black and white democrat vote. Add in the Latinos and you have at least someone who can compete with a quality conservative candidate.

 

A black conservative has to secure the republican vote which means minimal support from black people. The republicans have shown the inability to come together recently and I currently do not think they would be able to rally around a black conservative and do what it takes to get him elected. A black conservative just has so much work to do to get the appeal that Obama was able to capture. It will take someone who can get past and endure the Obama comparisons and also be good enough to bring the Republican Party together and to secure enough votes to win the presidency. I don't see that guy coming in my lifetime.

Too big of a mountain to climb. It is easier for a black democrat to win. A black democrat will get the black and white democrat vote. Add in the Latinos and you have at least someone who can compete with a quality conservative candidate.

 

A black conservative has to secure the republican vote which means minimal support from black people. The republicans have shown the inability to come together recently and I currently do not think they would be able to rally around a black conservative and do what it takes to get him elected. A black conservative just has so much work to do to get the appeal that Obama was able to capture. It will take someone who can get past and endure the Obama comparisons and also be good enough to bring the Republican Party together and to secure enough votes to win the presidency. I don't see that guy coming in my lifetime.

I see your points. As a conservative myself, I don't care if they're black, white, brown, red or chartreuse. I just want a president that can balance the budget, give us true healthcare reform and actually give a damn about the country rather than his/her own party and agendas.
Too big of a mountain to climb. It is easier for a black democrat to win. A black democrat will get the black and white democrat vote. Add in the Latinos and you have at least someone who can compete with a quality conservative candidate.

 

A black conservative has to secure the republican vote which means minimal support from black people. The republicans have shown the inability to come together recently and I currently do not think they would be able to rally around a black conservative and do what it takes to get him elected. A black conservative just has so much work to do to get the appeal that Obama was able to capture. It will take someone who can get past and endure the Obama comparisons and also be good enough to bring the Republican Party together and to secure enough votes to win the presidency. I don't see that guy coming in my lifetime.

 

I have to agree. I see the situation being this environment for at least 20 more years. That may be at the edge of 'my life time.' I wish we could get to 'post racial' America. But its not on the immediate horizon.

 

Black voters are a key political block for the Democratic national party. The political block will be guarded by the party leaders for the foreseeable future. Like it or not, right or wrong. race will be a political tool leveraged into the future.

Put me on record.....there will NEVER be a conservative black president in the next 50-60 years of my life.
You may be right, but I don't think that we will see another racist black president during that period either.
You may be right, but I don't think that we will see another racist black president during that period either.

 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I see your points. As a conservative myself, I don't care if they're black, white, brown, red or chartreuse. I just want a president that can balance the budget, give us true healthcare reform and actually give a damn about the country rather than his/her own party and agendas.

 

Don't see that candidate in either party of any color right now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.