2013 Forcht Bank King of the Bluegrass

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Holmes?

I agree. Holmes is the defending 9th region champion and will be pre-season #1 in the region and a lock for top ten in the state. Not to mention they will have one of the best players in the state in Bolden

We did everything we could to get Holmes in the King of the Bluegrass Tournament and Showcase...unfortunately they declined. Christ Presbyterian was invited to the City of Palms Tournament and because Jason Lindsey transfered to Huninting Prep the tournament director dropped them in May...and this is not the first time Donnie has dropped a team leaving a school hanging. CPA is a class program and will still be a top team in Tennessee. I begged Donnie not to drop them but that's how they opperate. We have never, and will never drop a team unless they request to get out. Before the KOB Championship Game last year against Ballard both coaches wanted to come back and play a single game in 2013-14...so we started a King of the Bluegrass Showcase. The dates will January 31 and February 1, 2014.

Friday's Teams

Fairdale

P.R.P

Thomas Nelson

Moore

Doss

Allatoona, GA

Augusta

John Hardin

Saturday

Fairdale

P.R.P.

Allatoona, GA

Ballard

Christ Presbyterian, TN

Franklin City, OH

Knott Co. Central

Jeffersonville

Fairdale Girls vs CPA girls

The only pairing set is Ballard vs CPA

Edited by King of the Bluegrass

We did everything we could to get Holmes in the King of the Bluegrass Tournament and Showcase...unfortunately they declined. Christ Presbyterian was invited to the City of Palms Tournament and because Jason Lindsey transfered to Huninting Prep the tournament director dropped them in May...and this is not the first time Donnie has dropped a team leaving a school hanging. CPA is a class program and will still be a top team in Tennessee. I begged Donnie not to drop them but that's how they opperate. We have never, and will never drop a team unless they request to get out. Before the KOB Championship Game last year against Ballard both coaches wanted to come back and play a single game in 2013-14...so we started a King of the Bluegrass Showcase. The dates will January 31 and February 1, 2014.

Friday's Teams

Fairdale

P.R.P

Thomas Nelson

Moore

Doss

Allatoona, GA

Augusta

John Hardin

Saturday

Fairdale

P.R.P.

Allatoona, GA

Ballard

Christ Presbyterian, TN

Franklin City, OH

Knott Co. Central

Jeffersonville

Fairdale Girls vs CPA girls

The only pairing set is Ballard vs CPA

This sounds like an awesome couple days of basketball. I only wish I lived closer.

I'm glad more of the state will have the opportunity to see Brent Bach this season.

Does anyone know the history of this tourney or can find out. In December 1985, I am trying to find out if Fleming Co played two games or three. I know they played Owensboro and Henry Clay and maybe played PRP. I cannot find anything on the PRP game. Anyone have any help? It will be appreciated.

No Holmes?

Not sure if they got an invite or not. Their schedule is pretty loaded with games in the Stop DWI in Binghampton, NY, Mccracken Co Hoopfest, KY Farm Bureau Classic at EXPO Center, Joe B Hall Classic (potential game v Ballard), plus the KY-Buckeye Classic against a top Cincy team.

Not sure if they got an invite or not. Their schedule is pretty loaded with games in the Stop DWI in Binghampton, NY, Mccracken Co Hoopfest, KY Farm Bureau Classic at EXPO Center, Joe B Hall Classic (potential game v Ballard), plus the KY-Buckeye Classic against a top Cincy team.

Do they still play GRC this year?

Does anyone know the history of this tourney or can find out. In December 1985, I am trying to find out if Fleming Co played two games or three. I know they played Owensboro and Henry Clay and maybe played PRP. I cannot find anything on the PRP game. Anyone have any help? It will be appreciated.

Here is a link to the tournament website. There are several cool things on it.

King of the Bluegrass Holiday Classic | Fairdale, KY

This is about the best I can do on game results. It appears to just show records, but not opponents.

http://www.kingofthebluegrass.com/team-locations.pdf

Finally, you can click here from a picture of the program, which will show you each team that participated in any given year.

KING OF THE BLUEGRASS HOLIDAY CLASSIC