Lone Ranger? Can it be as bad as it looks?

Except Donnie Brasco, that might be the last movie he actually acted in! He did a great job in that...but I haven't like much he's done since.

He doesn't play the same character in every movie and he can act. Since Donnie Brasco he has done the following movies (these are not all of them) in which he does not play the Jack Sparrow type.

From Hell

Blow

Fear and Loathing in Los Vegas

Once upon a Time in Mexico

Finding Neverland

Sweeney Todd

Chocolat

Public Enemies

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the movie tonight and really enjoyed it. It's definitely action-packed, particularly the last 30 minutes. The audience gave it a couple of ovations at the end. It had quite a few comical moments, mostly based around Johnny Depp's Tonto character. I usually base my opinion of a movie on whether I would like to see it again in the near future, and this one passed that test. It's a very entertaining movie, but at a cost of 250 million dollars by Disney, it should be.

Wife and I saw it 4th of July and it was a good movie and very entertaining. Thought Tonto was a blast and what a character he plays. Worth the money. Yesterday we went to see The Heat it was hilarious and funny. Was worth going to see. JD

Saw White House Down in Richmond Monday. Fairly good action movie but highly unrealistic. Cost $36 for two for tickets, popcorn, and pop. These movie plexes are eventually going to price themselves out of business. Evidently they are charging by the individual popcorn grains per bucket.

According to someone I talked to who worked in the Great Escape corporate office, Most of the ticket goes straight back to Hollywood so I am guessing the producers are driving ticket prices moreso than the theaters. According to this same person, the concessions are what pay the bills for the movie plexes.

I know 5 people who have seen it.

Three of them said it was very entertaining, and they enjoyed.

One said it was okay but not bad a movie.

The other didn't like it because he didn't think the Lone Ranger should be a comedy.

I'll end up seeing it to at some point, due to so many glowing accounts on BGP. I also didn't think it should be a comedy, would have rather it be more like Dark Knight not Maverick. BTW I loved Maverick so I may really like this movie.