June 23, 201313 yr Social anxiety, sharp focus when on point, but can stray towards clumsy when distracted, vocal outbursts when things go wrong. I know its a bit out there, but there is some merit to the traits on the spectrum even if the person is not full blown with the disease... I'd say that we all have some of these traits. He tends to be aloof in the field at times.
June 23, 201313 yr I'd say that we all have some of these traits. He tends to be aloof in the field at times. I guess the question here is do we all have a bunch of those traits???
June 23, 201313 yr To bring some positive talk to the thread, Jay Bruce ... wow. His swing right now is scary good. His stroke looks shorter to me and he is getting the bathead to the ball better than any time I have seen him as a Red. His swing right now truly reminds me Bonds' short stroke at the end of his career.
June 23, 201313 yr To bring some positive talk to the thread, Jay Bruce ... wow. His swing right now is scary good. His stroke looks shorter to me and he is getting the bathead to the ball better than any time I have seen him as a Red. His swing right now truly reminds me Bonds' short stroke at the end of his career. Ive been saying it for weeks, hes hitting it to the right side better right now than he has in his whole entire career. I think it may because of what you pointed out. The key for him though is to keep it consistent for the remainder of the season.
June 23, 201313 yr With the exception of Vautism. I probably shouldn't laugh at that, but that's pretty dang hillarious
June 23, 201313 yr Latos seems to be on today. I have to admit, the Dbacks are better than I thought they'd be. Very solid.
June 23, 201313 yr Who, me? I'm here, the old lady put a muzzle on me.:lol2: For amusement only. Your wanting to compare Bruce to the rest of the players, you know, the ones that look like they have never seen a batting cage? I'll take it easy on Bruce, he is hitting better than the rest of the team. As for the All Star voting, Bruce is somewhere around 16 or 17 for right fielders. Looks like millions of people agree with me. I'm glad Bruce is carrying the team right now and I'd sure like to see the rest of the team show up. :thumb: It's nice to be remembered. :isurrender: Time for you to get back in the mix here, I miss arguing about Bruce :thumb: He is a frustrating player at times no doubt, but he can flat rake and seems to have found more consistency.
June 23, 201313 yr Time for you to get back in the mix here, I miss arguing about Bruce :thumb: He is a frustrating player at times no doubt, but he can flat rake and seems to have found more consistency. He just doubled today going the other way with a pitch. That's what you like to see with Bruce. When he stays on it long enough to drive one the other way you know he's not trying to jerk every pitch into the seats in RF.
June 23, 201313 yr Wow. Vautism tags (from 1st base) on a flyball by BP just shy of the track in dead CF. Essentially taking the bat out of the hottest hitter in the lineup. Freakin dumb.
June 23, 201313 yr Author Latos seems to be on today. I have to admit' date=' the Dbacks are better than I thought they'd be. Very solid.[/quote'] And there it is. The Spindoc kiss of death. This will be another one of those Sunday meltdowns where Latos is spotted a big lead, and the Reds end up blowing the game.
June 23, 201313 yr ^as he strikes out the threat at a big inning. He hamstrung himself by getting a glove on a routine DP ball to BP, then promptly mows the next 2.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.