June 23, 201313 yr Author And playing the middle infielders in sure as heck is another time I disagree with Dusty.
June 23, 201313 yr Author Votto set the tone for the blow up. Not MVP like at all lately He never, ever gets in front of a hard hit ball.
June 23, 201313 yr Chapman was horrible, but the offense is still the problem lately. 1 run entering the 9th, and Bruce has pretty much been the only offensive player producing. Makes me miss that one poster (his name escapes me) that harped on how terrible Bruce was all the time, I miss him making comments that provided me enjoyment.
June 23, 201313 yr Phillips hasn't been right since getting hit vs the Pirates. Multiple guys in a funk right now. They will be OK.
June 23, 201313 yr Love Votto, but from day one my biggest gripe is that he plays too tentative for how good he is. He always seems like hes way too cautious going after balls or swinging at pitches. And occasionally it bites him in the rear end, and cost the Reds like it is today. Sometimes I think hes a little too smart for his own good.
June 23, 201313 yr The Chicken Littles will be out in full force tonight... If you look at the recent trend of the bullpen and offense, it aint looking good. But it is baseball and those things usually will work themselves out over time.
June 23, 201313 yr He never, ever gets in front of a hard hit ball. I have said this to friends forever and they stick up for him and recently have pointed to his gold glove award. To me, it looks as if he is scared of the ball. I have never really put much stock into the gold glove award anyway. I mean, Darwin Barney over BP last yr and back when I was young it seemed like the same guys always won it...ugh!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.