Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Florida recruit Chris Walker still not eligible

Featured Replies

Seen online yesterday that Chris Walker still isn't eligible but they hope to hear something in the next couple of weeks.

 

 

Wonder how long this plays out and if he even becomes eligible.

Not really surprised. There was a reason Cal didn't really take on a top ten recruit that was begging for a UK offer. Maybe it was his motor, maybe it was his grades. I'm thinking a little of both.

His motor looked okay in the All Star games. Maybe it was his attitude and grades.

His motor looked okay in the All Star games. Maybe it was his attitude and grades.

 

That's what I'm thinking. Coach O always told him if he wanted an offer he was going to have to show some progress in some areas. At the time I thought it was all attitude, now it looks like it was more of a school thing.

Not really surprised. There was a reason Cal didn't really take on a top ten recruit that was begging for a UK offer. Maybe it was his motor, maybe it was his grades. I'm thinking a little of both.

 

 

I'm so glad we ended up with Julius Randle in this class. At the time I was afraid Cal was going to get burnt after he snubbed Walker, I always really liked his game. I knew if he didn't connect on Gordon or Randle that there would have probably been a little backlash. Glad to see it all worked out, except for maybe Walker and Florida.

 

 

If he can get on the court though Florida is going to be a force. I really like Kasey Hill, he will be the straw that stirs the drink. Frazier started to play good ball at the end of the year, Wilbekin keeps on improving his offensive game, so if they can replace the scoring lost in Boynton and Rozario they will be in good shape. Walker/Young is a very good front court duo, arguably one of the best in the nation (behind UK of course). Not just as a duo, but one of the best front courts period. Young, Walker, Yeguette, Prather, and transfer Demontre Harris. They also added VT transfer Dorian Finney Smith who will likely step in and play the three spot. With or without Walker Gators will be tough.

That's what I'm thinking. Coach O always told him if he wanted an offer he was going to have to show some progress in some areas. At the time I thought it was all attitude, now it looks like it was more of a school thing.

 

It was both. You don't take a character risk if the kid is also an academic risk...

It was both. You don't take a character risk if the kid is also an academic risk...

 

It made a statement when Calipari stone walled him like that. I mean who's going to turn down a top 10 recruit who's begging to be a part of your team? Not even Cal does that. He basically is open arms to any top recruit who really wants to come, especially when his skill set is perfect for the way Cal likes to play. So with that situation playing out the way it did, I was thinking either A.) They were afraid a committment from Walker would keep them from getting someone like Randle/Gordon/Wiggins, or B.) There was something else going on.

Didn't he quit on his AAU team during a game because he was hungry ?

Didn't he quit on his AAU team during a game because he was hungry ?

 

He decided not to play one night because he was hungry. I was there...

  • Author

 

He decided not to play one night because he was hungry. I was there...

 

Haha

He decided not to play one night because he was hungry. I was there...

 

I've never heard that excuse. Sorry coach, can't play, I'm hungry. Someone should have stuffed a Snickers in his mouth.

He decided not to play one night because he was hungry. I was there...

 

#thingsfatjasonwoulddo

@kylebenzion: "At the NBA Summer league, sources from the USA Today saying #UF commit Chris Walker will be ineligble. NBA D-League is an option. #Gators"

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.