Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cool article on NFL QB rankings

Featured Replies

How do we really know that?

 

Eli has not missed a game since 2004. He has been injured since then. In 2007 he had an injury that Chris Mortenson said would keep him out 2 months. He didn't miss a game.

 

I'm not sure I'd say Eli is the "toughest" in the game, but I don't really think Roethlisberger is either.

 

You broached the subject. Let's hear who you think it is and why.

You broached the subject. Let's hear who you think it is and why.

 

I don't really know, to be honest. I think Roethlisberger is tough, I just don't know how you qualify someone as the "toughest".

With the punishment all these quarterbacks take it would be very difficult to name one as "toughest". We would probably have better luck working from the other end of the spectrum but even there it would be hard as every injury is different. There are QB's who miss more plays due to injuries but I would be hesitant to name one them as the least tough.

I don't really know, to be honest. I think Roethlisberger is tough, I just don't know how you qualify someone as the "toughest".

 

It's pretty widely accepted around the league that Roethlisberger is most likely to play with injuries that would knock out everyone else, and that he seems to suffer them more often given the porous nature of the Steelers' O-line during the past half-decade. Let's just say that Roethlisberger would be right at home with Johnny Knoxville and Co., volunteering for the most dangerous of stunts (or at least not backing down from the challenge).

 

It's pretty widely accepted around the league that Roethlisberger is most likely to play with injuries that would knock out everyone else, and that he seems to suffer them more often given the porous nature of the Steelers' O-line during the past half-decade. Let's just say that Roethlisberger would be right at home with Johnny Knoxville and Co., volunteering for the most dangerous of stunts (or at least not backing down from the challenge).

 

Maybe he just advertises his injuries more?

Dalton is someone who won't lose the game for you, but at the same time, he rarely wins them for you. He is pretty average quarterback, which can be okay as long as you have a great defense. The problem is if you get behind early, it is very difficult to get back into the game.

I think Russell Wilson is preposterously too high. I can't believe you could find one NFL GM that would take him over Flacco, Stafford, or probably even Romo.

 

He'll turn back into a pumpkin sooner rather than later. He'll back up so much this year he'll beep when he walks.

Dalton is someone who won't lose the game for you, but at the same time, he rarely wins them for you. He is pretty average quarterback, which can be okay as long as you have a great defense. The problem is if you get behind early, it is very difficult to get back into the game.

 

Which is very true of Dalton after 2 seasons in the NFL. However it has only been 2 years in the league, this year will be the year that we see if Dalton can end up being better than that or just exactly like you said.

Hard to believe Rivers has slid so far, I hope a new coaching staff brings him back towards the top. It will be interesting to see Kaepernick this season withouth Crabtree, his Wr's are pedestrian.

 

Only cause eli has rings and matt doesn't? or bias opinion?

 

Agreed

 

He plays through more injuries than any other QB in the league. Hate Big Ben, but dude is tough as nails IMO.

 

I'm not gonna lie I still view him as a huge baby BUT with that said, I think the better question is who would you put in front of him. And to call him out there's gotta be at least 2 other QB's that you think are "tougher"

Drew brees makes 40 million a year, how is he worth that

 

 

Not exactly. They just loaded the contact up for the first year for salary cap reasons. It's 5 years $100M so he's worth $20M a year.

 

$40 million in 2012, $10 million in 2013, $11 million in 2014, $19 million in 2015 and $20 million in 2016.

I think Eli is better than Matt Ryan.

 

I have always thought Eli Manning is the most overrated QB in the NFL.

He is avg at best. 2 SB rings doesn't truly show how good a QB is, it's a much overrated conclusion many come up with.

To prove my point I will give you the list of QB's in the 2 categories listed, Franchise Gold and Trick or Treat and then list their career stats of Completion % and QB Rating and you all try and match up the QB with the stats and see how close you come.

 

I will put the answers at the bottom, but do not cheat and look at the answers before you give it a try.

 

Career Stats

1. 60.2% Compl % 83.9 QB Rating

2. 58.3% compl % 77.3 QB Rating

3. 65.6% compl % 94.3 QB Rating

4. 58.6% Compl % 82.7 QB Rating

5. 63.1% Compl % 92.7 QB Rating

6. 64.3% Compl % 91.9 QB Rating

7. 62.7% Compl % 90.9 QB Rating

 

QB's

 

A. Eli Manning

B. Drew Brees

C. Ben Roethlisberger

D. Matt Ryan

E. Matt Schaub

F. Sam Bradford

G. Andy Dalton

 

Now match them up and see what you get and then look at the actual stats for each QB. Eli is way overrated if you ask me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Answers: 1G, 2F, 3B, 4A, 5C, 6E, 7D)

I have always thought Eli Manning is the most overrated QB in the NFL.

He is avg at best. 2 SB rings doesn't truly show how good a QB is, it's a much overrated conclusion many come up with.

To prove my point I will give you the list of QB's in the 2 categories listed, Franchise Gold and Trick or Treat and then list their career stats of Completion % and QB Rating and you all try and match up the QB with the stats and see how close you come.

 

I will put the answers at the bottom, but do not cheat and look at the answers before you give it a try.

 

Career Stats

1. 60.2% Compl % 83.9 QB Rating

2. 58.3% compl % 77.3 QB Rating

3. 65.6% compl % 94.3 QB Rating

4. 58.6% Compl % 82.7 QB Rating

5. 63.1% Compl % 92.7 QB Rating

6. 64.3% Compl % 91.9 QB Rating

7. 62.7% Compl % 90.9 QB Rating

 

QB's

 

A. Eli Manning

B. Drew Brees

C. Ben Roethlisberger

D. Matt Ryan

E. Matt Schaub

F. Sam Bradford

G. Andy Dalton

 

Now match them up and see what you get and then look at the actual stats for each QB. Eli is way overrated if you ask me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Answers: 1G, 2F, 3B, 4A, 5C, 6E, 7D)

 

I thought stats didn't matter though? I have shown you a lot of stats on Dalton and some of my comparisons and you put them down. And yet now you are using stats and comparisons? I am glad to see your coming around. :D

 

In all honesty though good work with this, its nice seeing the comparisons and I like how your supporting your point of Eli being overrated. Eli seems to be very inconsistent, he can play at a high level but he can also play at a low level. So I can see your point on him.:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.