The Office Series Finale

LRCW

I love this show. One of my all time favorite comedies right behind Seinfeld, Cheers and Taxi. I admit it hasn't been as good since Steve Carell left the show, but I still hate to see it going off the air.

How many are planning on watch the finale tonight? Anybody else going to miss this show?

Never watched an episode. Other then SVU which has been on for a while (and it gets DVRed so I can watch Criminal Minds as it airs) I can't remember the last NBC series that I regularly watched. ER? Friends? Cheers?

I've been watching since the beginning. As others said, it hit some bumps after Steve Carrell left, but it's really picked back up in recent weeks. I feel like the writers just broke the cast down to a very fundamental level and have been using each character to their highest since February. It's been a pretty solid wrap-up to the series.

I've seen every episode of the series although I did not start watching it in the current season until Season 3. The truth is that the quality had declined even prior to Steve leaving, but fell off the map after that. We do not own Season 8 while owning every other season of the series. I consider this season an improvement over Season 8 with the last few episodes finally raising it to the level of great that it once enjoyed consistently in the past. Still, I would be just as pleased to consider "Goodbye, Michael" to be the series finale.

Can you believe how awful they made Andy by the end of it? Starting out, you hated Andy, then you loved him. Then came The Hangover, and then came a descent into a terrible, terrible character assassination.

I've seen every episode of the series although I did not start watching it in the current season until Season 3. The truth is that the quality had declined even prior to Steve leaving, but fell off the map after that. We do not own Season 8 while owning every other season of the series. I consider this season an improvement over Season 8 with the last few episodes finally raising it to the level of great that it once enjoyed consistently in the past. Still, I would be just as pleased to consider "Goodbye, Michael" to be the series finale.

Can you believe how awful they made Andy by the end of it? Starting out, you hated Andy, then you loved him. Then came The Hangover, and then came a descent into a terrible, terrible character assassination.

They have ruined Andy.

I think it's probably a mistake to consider Andy anything other than the character that brings the show to a grinding halt at any point during his run, not just recently. He's been annoying since his first appearance on camera. Has the same complete lack of self-awareness as Michael but without the endearing innocence and innate hilarity that Steve Carrell and the writers dumped into that character. I'll agree that they've added an incredible amount of self-obsession to his character recently, but that was always just below the surface with him.

I think it's probably a mistake to consider Andy anything other than the character that brings the show to a grinding halt at any point during his run, not just recently. He's been annoying since his first appearance on camera. Has the same complete lack of self-awareness as Michael but without the endearing innocence and innate hilarity that Steve Carrell and the writers dumped into that character. I'll agree that they've added an incredible amount of self-obsession to his character recently, but that was always just below the surface with him.

While I agree with what you are saying, for me Andy was at least tolerable for the most part. Robert California, on the other hand made the show just about unwatchable.

I'd say when they added that they stepped over the line from flawed but lovable into plug your ears, Andy's on screen.

Nellie basically had the opposite character arc. God how I hated her last season. She's actually funny now.

Nellie basically had the opposite character arc. God how I hated her last season. She's actually funny now.

I don't know what they were doing with her. If you've ever seen the new Doctor Who or her show from the UK, Catherine Tate is hilarious. But they made her character absolutely irritating from day one. Don't know what for. Absolute misuse of talent. I'll agree that things have gotten better.