Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All-Time Cardinal Starting 5

Featured Replies

By position who would be the All-Time Cardinal Starting 5?

PG

SG

SF

PF

C

  • Replies 34
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you see the article in the special UL Sports Illustrated?

PG- Milt Wagner

SG- Darrell Griffith

SF- Derek Smith

Pf- Rodney McCray

C-- Pervis Ellison

 

There are some obvious players left off like a Wes Unseld. But All of these players won a title. The 80 & 86 teams were athletic, Quick, and were interchangable so thats why I chose my 5.

C- Ellison

PF- Unsled

SF- Bridgeman

SG- Griffith

PG- Wheat

 

Obviously fudging a little with Unseld at the 4. PG is the toughest slot; Wheat is one of the greatest Cardinals ever, but I don't actually want him running this team. If they were actually going to play basketball, I would take either LaBradford Smith or Siva.

 

In fact, give me a 12 man roster, a time machine and a 7:00 tip against Kentucky, this is my team:

 

 

PG- L Smith

SG- Griffith

SF- Bridgeman

PF- Unseld

C- Ellison

 

6 Tyra

7 Wheat

8 McCray

9 Wagner

10 Garcia

11 Siva

12 Dieng

Not a UL fan, but I would imagine any list would have to include Unseld and Ellison.

I feel like Tyquan Dean would have to at least be on the roster.

I don't know much about it but can't imagine Dieng is a Top 12 player in program history.

I don't know much about it but can't imagine Dieng is a Top 12 player in program history.

He isn't. That wasn't the exercise. I want his length, fouls and maturity at the end of the bench.

No Jeff Hall? Come on people. :lol2:

If it's a question of 12 greatest Louisville basketball players of all time, this is my list, in loose order:

 

1) Griffith

2) Unsled

3) Tyra

4) Ellison

5) Bridgeman

6) R McCray

7) Beard

8) Wheat

9) D Smith

10) Wagner

11) L Smith

12) Rozier

 

Also considered: Gaines, Garcia, Williams, Crook, Walker

Karen Sypher, she gave Coach Pitino the best 15 seconds off the bench he's ever had. :lol:

  • Author
Did you see the article in the special UL Sports Illustrated?

No, don't read SI

  • Author

PG- L Smith

SG- Griffith

SF- Bridgeman

PF- Unseld

C- Ellison

I really like this 5!

C- Ellison

PF- Unsled

SF- Bridgeman

SG- Griffith

PG- Wheat

 

Obviously fudging a little with Unseld at the 4. PG is the toughest slot; Wheat is one of the greatest Cardinals ever, but I don't actually want him running this team. If they were actually going to play basketball, I would take either LaBradford Smith or Siva.

 

In fact, give me a 12 man roster, a time machine and a 7:00 tip against Kentucky, this is my team:

 

PG- L Smith

SG- Griffith

SF- Bridgeman

PF- Unseld

C- Ellison

 

6 Tyra

7 Wheat

8 McCray

9 Wagner

10 Garcia

11 Siva

12 Dieng

 

And the toughest pick of all. Who coaches that game? Crum or Pitino? No co coaches or one being an assistant. Have to pick one.

And the toughest pick of all. Who coaches that game? Crum or Pitino? No co coaches or one being an assistant. Have to pick one.

 

Schnellenberger. In all sports. Always.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.