Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All-Time Cardinal Starting 5

Featured Replies

And the toughest pick of all. Who coaches that game? Crum or Pitino? No co coaches or one being an assistant. Have to pick one.

Sticking with the time machine, I would match the coach to the game's era.

 

If the game were being played in the 80's before the 3 point shot, then it has to be Crum and his high-post offense. If it's today, Pitino is who I would want.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shows how weak the year was when no starter from the champs could sniff top 12 all time. Not even close.

Shows how weak the year was when no starter from the champs could sniff top 12 all time. Not even close.

Actually, if Smith stays another year and improves his decision making, he's absolutely in line for a top 12 spot. I'd bump Rozier for Russ if he were a four year player.

 

You're also conveniently missing where I included Siva in the discussion if we're going by position/actual game play.

Sticking with the time machine, I would match the coach to the game's era.

 

If the game were being played in the 80's before the 3 point shot, then it has to be Crum and his high-post offense. If it's today, Pitino is who I would want.

 

 

 

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2: Are you a politician? Come on. Pick a coach.

Shows how weak the year was when no starter from the champs could sniff top 12 all time. Not even close.

 

 

Or just shows you what a great tradition Louisville has.

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2: Are you a politician? Come on. Pick a coach.
I did! I'll make it clearer- as long as there is an arc on the floor which denotes an extra point scored for jumpshots taken beyond approximately 20 feet, I want Pitino to run the team. If there is no three, Crum is the better choice. Will there be a three point shot in this make-believe basketball game?
Or just shows you what a great tradition Louisville has.

That can't be it...

  • Author
Or just shows you what a great tradition Louisville has.

 

More so this^

 

Louisville has had some all-time great players...maybe not this year but Cards have a deep and strong tradition.

  • Author
I did! I'll make it clearer- as long as there is an arc on the floor which denotes an extra point scored for jumpshots taken beyond approximately 20 feet, I want Pitino to run the team. If there is no three, Crum is the better choice. Will there be a three point shot in this make-believe basketball game?

Looking at your starting 5, you gotta go with Crum!

I did! I'll make it clearer- as long as there is an arc on the floor which denotes an extra point scored for jumpshots taken beyond approximately 20 feet, I want Pitino to run the team. If there is no three, Crum is the better choice. Will there be a three point shot in this make-believe basketball game?

 

Absolutely. That's the way the game is played now.

Absolutely. That's the way the game is played now.
Well, it's not entirely obvious that the game would be played in the present, seeing as the entire premise is predicated on having access to a 1985 DeLorean.
Looking at your starting 5, you gotta go with Crum!

I don't think Crum would have kept that starting five, not with the option to go with Garcia at the point. Denny never met a tall guard he didn't like.

If it's a question of 12 greatest Louisville basketball players of all time, this is my list, in loose order:

 

1) Griffith

2) Unsled

3) Tyra

4) Ellison

5) Bridgeman

6) R McCray

7) Beard

8) Wheat

9) D Smith

10) Wagner

11) L Smith

12) Rozier

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Also considered: Gaines, Garcia, Williams, Crook, Walker

 

Just curious if you considered John Turner?

  • Author
I don't think Crum would have kept that starting five, not with the option to go with Garcia at the point. Denny never met a tall guard he didn't like.
Crum doesn't get to decide, it's your All-Time 5...not his!!!
Just curious if you considered John Turner?

I didn't, but I admittedly don't know as much about the Peck Hickman era as some fans with longer memories. I probably should have.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.