The Best High School B-Ball Game You've Ever Seen?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Brown Hofstra

Issiah Epps UNLV

Vernon Jennings University of Miami (Florida)

Mamadou N'Diaye Auburn University

Rob Rollins Florida Atlantic

Sean Tucker Ohio State

I think I mixed up Epps with Victor and Barnes, i knew they went to UHA but for some reason I had the thought ingrained that they were there too. Oh well, Lexington Catholic still beat a pretty good team.

Henry Clay-Carlisle County in the 1983 state tournament finals.

That's mine too. Rupp was packed and the tension was thick. Every single possession was crucial. Henry Clay finally won it in double OT by a low score, something like 35-33.

Henry Clay had been able to press everyone they had played into numerous turnovers, but they weren't able to press Carlisle County. They tried, but it just wasn'r effective, and since it was their second game of the day, they quit pressing. Then the game developed into a slow, halfcourt defensive battle. It was absolutely nerve-wracking in the final quarter and the overtimes. Most of Rupp was cheering for little Carlisle, who had an enrollment of about 250, but they lost on a last second shot by the Blue Devil's center.

PRP vs. South Laurel in the Semi's of the Sweet 16. We stood up to watch the game from our seats and all of us in our section were cheering and amazed at the resilience of both teams. We found ourselves cheering for both teams. It was a shame that 1 had to lose. Well I'll say their was no loser except 1 team was alittle behind when time ran out!!!!

IMO last years game between South Laurel & PRP in the state semi's was a good game. Also the game between Mason Co. & Trinity in '04 State Tourney was a good one!

Your right that was also an awesome game!! :ylsuper: I just felt a little more atmosphere at the PRP- South Laurel game!!!

PRP vs. South Laurel in the Semi's of the Sweet 16. We stood up to watch the game from our seats and all of us in our section were cheering and amazed at the resilience of both teams. We found ourselves cheering for both teams. It was a shame that 1 had to lose. Well I'll say their was no loser except 1 team was alittle behind when time ran out!!!!

That was a great game. I listened to it, and was even late for an event because I couldn't turn it off. I wish I could have been there. The radio announcers were going nuts!

E-Town's semi and final game with Antwain Barbour in 2000 at Rupp.

Conner's overtime win over St. Henry in the 33rd district semi-final at St. Henry's in 2001.

Highland's double-overtime win over Conner in the 9th Region final at Holmes in 2001.

St. Henry's loss to Mason Co. at Rupp in 2003.

Mason Co.'s triple-overtime win over Trinity in the quarter-finals at Rupp in 2004.

Mason Co.'s double-overtime win over Scott Co. in the Semi-finals at Rupp in 2004.

My heart broke on the last 4 games I mentioned because the outcome wasn't to my liking and I wanted Mason Co. to lose all 3 times....

But then they did lose in the Finals to Warren Central when Warren had that Matt M???? guy (can't remember his name, but I think he red shirted at Western Ky last year).

There have been many great games but those are the ones that stick out in my memory.

I physically wasn't at the Simon Kenton/Mason Co. game in '81 but I bit my nails down real good while listening to it on the radio.