Home Field Advantage for the World Series

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rotate it or have the previous winner of the WS have home field.

The reasons for not giving it to best record is that they would not know which city would be hosting up until the last game of the LCS so they would not have enough time to get everything ready plus hotels. I have read this a few years ago.

You don't know who's hosting until after LCS anyway...if Oakland and New York and Atlanta and St. Louis are in LCS, you don't know who's hosting until last game of LCS are played. Hotel excuse is a cop out by MLB on my opinion.

You don't know who's hosting until after LCS anyway...if Oakland and New York and Atlanta and St. Louis are in LCS, you don't know who's hosting until last game of LCS are played. Hotel excuse is a cop out by MLB on my opinion.

If they know a NL is host then they can book those 2 cities and same for AL.

Honestly wouldn't the best overall record or best overall interleague record be better than the winner of an exhibition game? A coin flip would be better than the AS game if you ask me. Of all the major sports I fell MLB home field is the least valuable advantage.

Honestly wouldn't the best overall record or best overall interleague record be better than the winner of an exhibition game? A coin flip would be better than the AS game if you ask me. Of all the major sports I fell MLB home field is the least valuable advantage.

I think it should be best record.

This was brought up in another thread and I wanted to discuss it more. Obviously, the winner of the all-star game currently determines home field advantage for the World Series. What do you think should determine home field advantage for the WS?

I believe that rotating the series home field is the best way to go. Having an exhibition game (AS game) determing that is insane imo.

Neutral site OK for NFL, NCAA (Basketball, Baseball, Softball, pretty much every sport), College football Conference Championship Games...why not MLB and NBA for that matter.

Would this not make each of these events (World Series and NBA Finals) even bigger?

How about a Neutral site?

Bid it out? Or Rotate between MLB cities like the All-Star game.

How much would Jerry Jones bid to host the World Series every year at Cowboys Stadium?

That's the dumbest proposal I've read.

That's the dumbest proposal I've read.

Why so? Just because it hasn't been done? All-Star Game is a better way? Has Superbowl or any other Neutral site event suffered due to being at a neutral site?

I'm not saying this is the Answer but don't just call the idea dumb with giving some reasoning behind it.