Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pro Choice??

Featured Replies

I hate the topic. Its the third rail of political discussions.

 

That said.

 

- Putting a politician or lawmaker in the circle of decision makers on such a personal choice does not sit well. Laws are usually very black and white. The issue of abortion, especial in cases of medical complications during pregnancy is certainly not black and white. To try to legislate matter in such situations is not wise.

 

- I am not a fan of 'life at conception' laws for the reason above. But also because of the natural abortions - aka miscarriages. When a miscarriage occurs who is 'at fault'. What if someone (a prosecutor) does no believe it was a natural miscarriage but an induced abortion? Laws that are not well thought out can have lots of unintended consequences.

 

- On the reverse side I find late term abortions problematic. There is clearly a certain point of undoubted viability. There is a point that even if there is a medical complication the pregnancy can be terminated via induction or c-section. The 'fetus' in the photos at the link was certainly viable outside the womb and seemed full term. Having a 4-week 'preme' baby that required no special medical care it is hard to understand a purely voluntary abortion at that stage.

  • Replies 92
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know. I'm guessing it would be up to a judge and jury. Sounds like murder to me.

 

Sounds like essentially the same scenario as an abortion to me.

Sounds like essentially the same scenario as an abortion to me.

 

Except one is illegal and one is currently legal. Big difference.

Obviously, this is, and always will be a hot topic. I truly respect all opinions voiced

 

In truth, my husband and I tried for many years to have children. I personally would never have had an abortion, and was, eventually, very blessed with children.

 

Like most folks, the longer you live, the more good and bad you see. As a nurse, I have seen horrible things. To those who say, there are no unwanted children...well I respectfully disagree with that.

 

Viability may have been a poor choice of words on my part, and I agree that come judgement day, we will all find out who is right.

 

Personally, I do not have any problem with first trimester choices. In certain circumstances, if severe issues are discovered later in the pregnancy, I still have no problem. I have a friend who was pregnant with a much wanted child. She found out mid pregnancy that her baby had zero chance of survival...no brain. Should she have been forced to carry that child to term? I don't think so. JMO

Obviously, this is, and always will be a hot topic. I truly respect all opinions voiced

 

In truth, my husband and I tried for many years to have children. I personally would never have had an abortion, and was, eventually, very blessed with children.

 

Like most folks, the longer you live, the more good and bad you see. As a nurse, I have seen horrible things. To those who say, there are no unwanted children...well I respectfully disagree with that.

 

Viability may have been a poor choice of words on my part, and I agree that come judgement day, we will all find out who is right.

 

Personally, I do not have any problem with first trimester choices. In certain circumstances, if severe issues are discovered later in the pregnancy, I still have no problem. I have a friend who was pregnant with a much wanted child. She found out mid pregnancy that her baby had zero chance of survival...no brain. Should she have been forced to carry that child to term? I don't think so. JMO

Agreed with your last point. My problem is with the 95%+ aborted for no other reason than convenience. Lets save those lives. Obviously rape, mother and babies health are separate issues. Just tired of the very small minority of abortions to be an excuse to kill innocent lives in all other cases.

Agreed with your last point. My problem is with the 95%+ aborted for no other reason than convenience. Lets save those lives. Obviously rape, mother and babies health are separate issues. Just tired of the very small minority of abortions to be an excuse to kill innocent lives in all other cases.
This!

If you believe that every child has a right to be born (assuming that it could survive) I do not see in any way how someone can be against abortion but still think that it would be okay if the mother was raped. That has always seemed like a hypocritical view to me.

Obviously rape, mother and babies health are separate issues. Js.

 

Are you against abortion because in your view it ends a life? Or are you only against abortions of it's deemed to be done in the name of convenience?

If you believe that every child has a right to be born (assuming that it could survive) I do not see in any way how someone can be against abortion but still think that it would be okay if the mother was raped. That has always seemed like a hypocritical view to me.
Agreed.
Are you against abortion because in your view it ends a life? Or are you only against abortions of it's deemed to be done in the name of convenience?

 

No I'm a realist. In a perfect world all abortions would be illegal. But since the pro-choice crowd can't debate this issue soundly and justify 100% of abortions for what happens in well under 5% of abortions. I am then willing to be an adult in the conversation and negoiate to save most these lives.

No I'm a realist. In a perfect world all abortions would be illegal. But since the pro-choice crowd can't debate this issue soundly and justify 100% of abortions for what happens in well under 5% of abortions. I am then willing to be an adult in the conversation and negoiate to save most these lives.

 

 

I don't have to justify 100% of the abortions. Abortion is legal. Therefore if a person chooses to have an abortion then that is their choice and the ramifications is on them and them only. To me it is similar to gay marriage. I am for gay marriage because I don't care what my neighbor does is his private life. That's on them. For me abortion is the same. That fuels my pro-choice advocacy. Just because I am pro-choice doesn't mean I agree with the act of abortion or that I would have one or support one. I do support other individuals rights to have that choice to make that decision themselves.

If you believe that every child has a right to be born (assuming that it could survive) I do not see in any way how someone can be against abortion but still think that it would be okay if the mother was raped. That has always seemed like a hypocritical view to me.

 

Or I figured to call a spade a spade and to quit allowing the pro-choice crowd to dictate the conversation based on occurrences of rape when those cases are so rare most doctors will never see a case of rape and mother pregnant in their career. I learned a long time ago black and white answers normally don't work. Do not tell me there isn't away we can't save a majority of theses lives just because in a perfect world I would want to save them all. I'd like to solve world hunger but currently I can't does that make me a hypocrite because I still donate money to food kitchens? Solving the problem of abortion is a hard one. But I do know the pro-choice argument for the 95%+ of cases doesn't hold up with a majority of Americans. Just out of pure convenience or "its my body" doesn't pass the smell test to most people. When the pro-choice crowd gains sympathy is making the argument about rape or mothers health. Because those occur so infrequently its a fallacy to make them a majority of the argument. I don't have to be 100% ok with result just be more happy with the result than we have currently.

I don't have to justify 100% of the abortions. Abortion is legal. Therefore if a person chooses to have an abortion then that is their choice and the ramifications is on them and them only. To me it is similar to gay marriage. I am for gay marriage because I don't care what my neighbor does is his private life. That's on them. For me abortion is the same. That fuels my pro-choice advocacy. Just because I am pro-choice doesn't mean I agree with the act of abortion or that I would have one or support one. I do support other individuals rights to have that choice to make that decision themselves.

Are you OK with your neighbor killing his wife since that does not affect you?

I don't have to justify 100% of the abortions. Abortion is legal. Therefore if a person chooses to have an abortion then that is their choice and the ramifications is on them and them only. To me it is similar to gay marriage. I am for gay marriage because I don't care what my neighbor does is his private life. That's on them. For me abortion is the same. That fuels my pro-choice advocacy. Just because I am pro-choice doesn't mean I agree with the act of abortion or that I would have one or support one. I do support other individuals rights to have that choice to make that decision themselves.

A common cop-out amongst the pro-choice crowd. But gay marriage and abortion have one major difference. Gay marriage is between two consenting adults. Abortion an innocent life is taken through no choice of their own. That comparison holds no water. I'm all for personal freedoms between consenting adults or if the decision affects no one but yourself. But when an innocent life is at stake your freedom does not supersede that child's right to life.

Are you OK with your neighbor killing his wife since that does not affect you?

 

That is an illegal act. If murder was legal then I'd be okay with it. Simple process.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.