Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3 games in 22.5 hours

Featured Replies

NDA could possibly play 3 games in 22.5 hours. Is Hey Diddle Diddle arena closed on Sunday? Why is the Championship tonight? I'm sure the reason won't make any sense to me.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's tradition to play semis on Saturday morning and finals Saturday night isn't it? I thought the only reason the boys didn't do that this year was because of the conflict with UK at Rupp.

NDA could possibly play 3 games in 22.5 hours. Is Hey Diddle Diddle arena closed on Sunday? Why is the Championship tonight? I'm sure the reason won't make any sense to me.

 

It's been done that way for over 10 years that I know of. I'm sure longer though.

It's been done that way for over 10 years that I know of. I'm sure longer though.

 

Doesn't make it right, though.

It's tradition to play semis on Saturday morning and finals Saturday night isn't it? I thought the only reason the boys didn't do that this year was because of the conflict with UK at Rupp.

 

You are correct.

 

Doesn't make it right, though.

 

Explain?

Been that way for 20 yrs. I remember back in 1994 hearing on the 6 pm news in Cincinnati that Highlands had won that morning and would play MC Napier that night and I got up early Sunday morning and bought an Enquirer to see who won. Info has really advanced in the last 19 yrs.

Edited by roger482ky
spelling

Does the KHSAA lose money on the Sweet 16? If so an extra day of rent doesn't make sense.

  • Author

It doesn't make it right. The Boys' tournament isn't run this way, so why are they being allowed to get away with it for the girls ? Cheap KHSAA. They don't have to rent the arena for another day. State gets 2 rounds and 2 admission $$$ in 1 day. If they want to make money make classes - more teams, more tourney games, more $$$$.

Edited by True blue (and gold)
Rule 8

It doesn't make it right. The Boys' tournament isn't run this way

 

 

It absolutely is. Are you people incapable of seeing a one year exception to the boys tourney? If they make this year's change permanent, we can talk.

 

The team I support (Warren Central) won their boys state title playing in the exact same spot in 2004.

It doesn't make it right. The Boys' tournament isn't run this way, so why are they being allowed to get away with it for the girls ?

 

Incorrect, boys is run the same way. UK caused it to be played on Sunday this year

It doesn't make it right. The Boys' tournament isn't run this way, so why are they being allowed to get away with it for the girls ? .

 

Boys tourney is run this way. This year it wasn't because of a scheduling conflict with UK basketball. I just looked at last year's schedule and semis were AM and finals were PM for boys.

As far as I know, it's been that way since 1918. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

It doesn't make it right. The Boys' tournament isn't run this way, so why are they being allowed to get away with it for the girls ? Cheap A** KHSAA. They don't have to rent the arena for another day. State gets 2 rounds and 2 admission $$$ in 1 day. If they want to make money make classes - more teams, more tourney games, more $$$$.

 

The Boys tournament is run exactly this way with the exception of this year due to the UK/FLA.

A lot of these girls play AAU tournaments. This is no different. They are young and can handle it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.