Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

So, now who will be staying and going...?

Featured Replies

I don't think Harrow is going any where unless it is his decision to leave. Kentucky looking at walk on point guards doesn't necessarily signal his doom, I mean you think a frosh walk on will be ready to make a real impact in his first season, or even his second? I think Cal see's the opportunity to land a quality in state kid as a walk on so he is going to try and take advantage of it. For all else practice purposes. Let's face it Long, Malone, and Lanter aren't exactly giving you a lot, I think he is looking for a walk on who can actually play and not just be paying favors to old friends by giving them a spot on the team.

 

Harrow may not be an NBA talent but you can't tell me he wouldn't be a nice backup at the point for next season, especially in his third season under Cal. There's going to be enough bulldogs on next years teams, Harrow isn't going to be that tough guy that hes showing he cant be this season. The Harrisons can be the tough guys, Harrow can just come in and give good spot minutes and play with a lot less pressure. Just don't see him leaving unless he wants to give it a try somewhere else, don't see Cal pushing him out the door.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gone - Harrow, will be a real low draft pick/to the d-league / Poythress - will be drafted on potential / Goodwin - same as Poythress / Noel - will be a top 5 pick just on his defense, shot blocking alone, nba will develop the rest / WCS - I still have hopes that he will return but with the way he came on after Noel it is doubtful / Mays -Duh, he is a senior. Wiltzer, if not the NBA for his shooting he may play international, hope that he returns but doubtful

 

Return - Polson, will be a senior-no nba potential. I hope that he will still get some pt but it certainly won't be as much as this season. Polson is what college basketball should be all about.

Not a chance Harrow gets draft. Wither isn't going anywhere unless he transfer. He can shoot if wide open but can't create his own shot and plays defense like old people have sex, slow and painful.

I don't think Harrow is going any where unless it is his decision to leave. Kentucky looking at walk on point guards doesn't necessarily signal his doom, I mean you think a frosh walk on will be ready to make a real impact in his first season, or even his second? I think Cal see's the opportunity to land a quality in state kid as a walk on so he is going to try and take advantage of it. For all else practice purposes. Let's face it Long, Malone, and Lanter aren't exactly giving you a lot, I think he is looking for a walk on who can actually play and not just be paying favors to old friends by giving them a spot on the team.

 

Harrow may not be an NBA talent but you can't tell me he wouldn't be a nice backup at the point for next season, especially in his third season under Cal. There's going to be enough bulldogs on next years teams, Harrow isn't going to be that tough guy that hes showing he cant be this season. The Harrisons can be the tough guys, Harrow can just come in and give good spot minutes and play with a lot less pressure. Just don't see him leaving unless he wants to give it a try somewhere else, don't see Cal pushing him out the door.

 

He isn't getting either of those kids as a walk on. No way with the schools that are or will soon be offering full rides. He's going to have to offer a scholarship or get neither...

Poythress will not be at UK next year. I've heard rumors that Cal and his staff are trying to find a better fit for him at another school.

Alex better go get his money while it is still there...

This is the downside to UK. 3 months ago these kids were the toast of the town. Now everyone is pushing them out the door.

He isn't getting either of those kids as a walk on. No way with the schools that are or will soon be offering full rides. He's going to have to offer a scholarship or get neither...

 

He will probably end up with neither then because all I've heard talked about is preferred walk on spots at UK. They are already going to be fighting to get under 13 next season can't see him using a scholly on one of these guys no matter what other schools are starting to do. Another reason why I think Harrow will still be there next season.

Other than Willie Cauley-Stein, I could care less if anyone comes back. I wouldn't want Nerlens to do it, he needs to make his money. Everyone else can go or stay, doesn't matter because they won't play much anyway.

I hope Harrow is gone and Poythress leaves too, keep Goodwin. Actually only Noel is a draft worthy guy. Why would the NBA waste money on anyone like Poythress, a lazy big body. Those guys are a dime a dozen.

Other than Willie Cauley-Stein, I could care less if anyone comes back. I wouldn't want Nerlens to do it, he needs to make his money. Everyone else can go or stay, doesn't matter because they won't play much anyway.

 

I would like to see Willie come back, don't think Dakari is ready to come in and be that 30 minute guy down low. If he is not forced into the limelight and has some room to grow playing alongside of WCS, I think it would really help his development. Not to mention what it could do for the team, with Willie's athleticism at the 5 that team could be scary getting up and down the court.

I hope Harrow is gone and Poythress leaves too, keep Goodwin. Actually only Noel is a draft worthy guy. Why would the NBA waste money on anyone like Poythress, a lazy big body. Those guys are a dime a dozen.

WCS is draft worthy. He'll take some time but there are not 10 players in the draft this year I'd take over him. He's athletic, plays hard and I'd imagine will become a really good Post defender in the future. I think there is no risk with taking him, though his ceiling may or may not be very high.

I would like to see Willie come back, don't think Dakari is ready to come in and be that 30 minute guy down low. If he is not forced into the limelight and has some room to grow playing alongside of WCS, I think it would really help his development. Not to mention what it could do for the team, with Willie's athleticism at the 5 that team could be scary getting up and down the court.

 

Agreed :thumb:.

WCS is draft worthy. He'll take some time but there are not 10 players in the draft this year I'd take over him. He's athletic, plays hard and I'd imagine will become a really good Post defender in the future. I think there is no risk with taking him, though his ceiling may or may not be very high.

 

He's definitely draft worthy but the question becomes will he be able to develop faster with another year in school or on an NBA bench/D league for a couple of years. Although Willie can go on potential alone, I think another year at UK would really benefit him considering he's still learning the game. The NBA isn't necessarily the place you want to try and keep learning the game your supposed to pretty much already have a good grasp on it by the time you get there. With that said I couldn't blame him if he decided to leave after this year.

He's definitely draft worthy but the question becomes will he be able to develop faster with another year in school or on an NBA bench/D league for a couple of years. Although Willie can go on potential alone, I think another year at UK would really benefit him considering he's still learning the game. The NBA isn't necessarily the place you want to try and keep learning the game your supposed to pretty much already have a good grasp on it by the time you get there. With that said I couldn't blame him if he decided to leave after this year.

 

I've always argued the same way. Once you get to the league most guys have to specialize just to stay there and do not develop complete games. If he wants to avoid early benching a, D-league, etc. I definitely think he should stay. That said he's way more league ready than Orton was.

Poythress will not be at UK next year. I've heard rumors that Cal and his staff are trying to find a better fit for him at another school.

 

I could see that happening.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.