Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Florida vs. Kentucky, thoughts and predictions

Who wins? 17 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

O.K., Florida comes to Rupp Arena for a quick turnaround ( from what arguably was the worst outing this season outside of the UT/Knoxville embarrassment) for the regular season finale / senior day. I don't think that the Cats regroup enough in just a day and a half to pull what would be a huge upset (even at Rupp) of the Gators. What say you?

 

I have to predict Florida by 20 plus.

This could be UGLY; 20+

 

Positive note state tournament games should be comepetitive.

SEC teams on the road equate to losses...........KY for that reason only...........KY 66 Florida 63

Florida by as many as they want. With some of the comments after the game last night, it's apparant that most of these guys have quit.

Florida by as many as they want. With some of the comments after the game last night, it's apparant that most of these guys have quit.

 

I get where you are coming from............but I think those were frustration comments and I am hoping for a Missouri type atmosphere and effort..............................Then again you may be 100% correct!

Two scenarios...

 

1) Florida has SEC wrapped up and not a ton to play for. UK comes out fighting... close game throughout... still see Florida coming out on top.

 

2) Florida is Florida and a lot better than UK this year... plus UK has quit. Florida by 15+

I just can't see the Cats winning this one, but other than actual play they have a lot going for them with home court, etc.

Florida 76

UK-67

Two scenarios...

 

1) Florida has SEC wrapped up and not a ton to play for. UK comes out fighting... close game throughout... still see Florida coming out on top.

 

2) Florida is Florida and a lot better than UK this year... plus UK has quit. Florida by 15+

 

Don't think option 1 is viable. I'd bet that if Florida could keep UK out if tournament then they would try and do so.

I will be at this game tomorrow. Hopefully they win. They are undefeated when I watch them in person so......

I will be at this game tomorrow. Hopefully they win. They are undefeated when I watch them in person so......

 

That clinches it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol2: Hopefully you do see a winner again.........

Here's Clubber Lang's prediction for the game. I'd have to agree with him.

 

[video=youtube_share;Z1TxiVhrkZA]

No one knows what to expect, including Coach Cal.

 

My opinion on how to watch UK the rest of the season is this - pay attention to Poythress. The better he plays and the more minutes he plays, the better UK's chances of winning games goes up. If he can't stay on the court for 24+ minutes, UK has zero chance of winning.

 

Doubt me?

Poythress' average minutes in SEC wins = 27.

Poythress' average minutes in SEC losses = 20.

UK has lost one SEC game when Poythress played more than 21 minutes - Florida. Every other SEC loss Poythress played 21 minutes or less.

 

If I am Coach Cal, I tell Poythress to stop playing defense with your hands, stay out of foul trouble and I will keep you on the court all day Saturday versus Florida. If UK can get 25 minutes from Poythress Saturday, they have a chance. If they get 30 minutes, I think they could win this.

I have posted much in these prediction threads because I honestly have not been able to understand this team at all, so very hard to tell what team will show up. However I do think they come out and play one of their best games of the year against Florida and win by 4 which will get them in the NCAA tournament.

  • Author
Don't think option 1 is viable. I'd bet that if Florida could keep UK out if tournament then they would try and do so.

 

:thumb: Everyone wants to beat U.K., doesn't matter. Shoud the Gators get the chance to embarrass the Cats at anytime, especially in Rupp then they will do it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.