10th Region 2013-2014

Thoughts on the 10th next season.

In the 37th:

Campbell County - lose only 1 senior but is a big one (McGovney). Will be one of the favorites next season.

Brossart - lose Saunders and Uebel. Return a very strong front court

Scott - senior heavy this year so a lot to replace.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about we finish the season we are in first before we go "counting chickens before they hatch." For the love of all things basketball, it's Christmas Day (week) for basketball lovers and you wanna skip right over it!! Some of us live for this, let us live a little before you go pronouncing the season dead.

40th District

Montgomery Co: Loses Mr Basketball Finalist Omar Prewitt and All-Region performer Tyler Jones. Return a strong group of players. I would guess they will still be one of the top teams in the region next year, but will be far from being one of the top teams in the state.

George Rogers Clark: Lose only two seniors, role player Dariel King and Blake Roberts who was injured for much of the season. They should be much improved, and while I still think they will be a second tier team in the region, they will be a threat to win the region crown.

Paris: Return all 5 starters (4 frosh and 1 jr). If they put in a full summer together to where their basketball skills catch up to their athleticism I think they will be a real threat to make the region tournament. I think this should be the best Paris team since they joined the district.

Bourbon Co: if Snoop Johnson returns for his senior year (I don't know any reason he won't, but find it very peculiar he opted out of playing in the district tournament), they will have one of the top players in the region. However, things contrary to their city rivals, things at the county school don't seem to be improving.

Overall, I would rank the teams in that order, but the gap between 1-3 will be much smaller than this past year.

How about we finish the season we are in first before we go "counting chickens before they hatch." For the love of all things basketball, it's Christmas Day (week) for basketball lovers and you wanna skip right over it!! Some of us live for this, let us live a little before you go pronouncing the season dead.

So, why did you click on the thread then? Next time, you should "skip right over it!"

So, why did you click on the thread then? Next time, you should "skip right over it!"

Because I thought there was a real story...not just something to make the losers feel good. Get over your pity party and teach your friends something new. We can all get along if we learn a little pride for the region and respect for the game.

Because I thought there was a real story...not just something to make the losers feel good. Get over your pity party and teach your friends something new. We can all get along if we learn a little pride for the region and respect for the game.

No pity party here. Nice try though. Funny to me that the 9th region next year thread has 3 pages but it as an issue for you to discuss the topic.

Thoughts on the 10th next season.

In the 37th:

Campbell County - lose only 1 senior but is a big one (McGovney). Will be one of the favorites next season.

Brossart - lose Saunders and Uebel. Return a very strong front court

Scott - senior heavy this year so a lot to replace.

Every year Campbell, BB, and/or Scott is touted as a "favorite" to win the 10th. When is the last time one of these teams actually won it?

Season's not over hot shot

That's funny...The season is actually over for most teams in the state. Only those at Rupp that are still alive and congrats to those teams. For the teams who's season is over, it should be time to talk about next year. You just don't take months of basketball off because your season is over. It takes work all year long to compete in the 10th Region and the state. It seems to me your just on here to give afi100guy a hard time. Did you seriously create an account just to come on here and leave comments like that? You are wasting your time trying to dis long time posters on this site. You are fighting a loosing battle. This topic shows no disrespect for the game or the region. Get off you soap box.

Snoop Johnson WILL play basketball. He didn't play in the tournament because he was at a football combine. Johnson's football stock has shot through the roof, he's even received a letter from Alabama.

Are they really going to let him play basketball after he was a "no-show" for the district? Wow.