Simon Kenton 53 Walton Verona 47

You mean other than SK and WV fans, right?

We all read and hear about coaches being disliked by fans so it's hardly unusual but these two schools' base seems to ratchet it up a bit.

You are correct Clyde, other than SK and WV. I know the team I pull for would benefit greatly from either coach, IMO.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What emotional ups and downs are you referring to? I know they lost the Ayers kid, but most teams deal with injuries, just curious.

Most teams dont deal with season ending injuries...

Monson also left.

Barnes missed 1/3 of the season with injuries.

A lot of emotional ups and downs on 16-17-18 year old kids.

As a former Head Coach, it just bothers me that people can sit back and criticize coaches behind a screen name. Make your user name your real name and then let's see if the criticism continues. :) Most coaches i know work their tails off for their teams and school for next to nothing pay, but fans expect them to be Coach K or Coach Cal like, without D-1 athletes. In the last year i have listened to fans complain about Coach Steiner, Coach Trame, and Coach Hicks. All 3 of them work hard and together they might have 6 or 7 kids that will play college basketball (none D-1) IMO. However, a lot of fans sit back and complain about all these things they do. All 3 coaches, prepare their players for life and put a ton of time into their programs and demand that their players play hard. Let's all learn to enjoy HS basketball instead of complain about it.

As a former Head Coach, it just bothers me that people can sit back and criticize coaches behind a screen name. Make your user name your real name and then let's see if the criticism continues.

First off Maniac, I like you. But you are criticizing people for being critical while hiding behind a screen name while you yourself are using a screen name.

Ron Kinmon Former head coach Grant County Basketball. Now father of a HS athlete. Any other questions.

Just saying that you can't critique others for using a pseudonym when you yourself use one. You seem upset for some reason. I would think you would be happy that your team played well against SK and were in position to win the game. And by "your team" I am referring to Walton

I am not upset at all. I try not to sit on a message board and criticize people. I try to have conversations and give insight. I hate that people are so critical of HS coaches and players. I worked my butt off for 14 years as a coach and had decent success and great relationships with my players. However, I never won a regional tournament or multiple district tournaments. So based on what many people post on here that makes me a failure. I just think people need to realize, HS coaches work as a coach as their 2nd job. They spend most of their time teaching. They get paid next to nothing for all the time and work they put in. Also, when being critical of players and coaches everyone needs to remember that we are talking about 14-19 year old kids. They can be very immature from time to time. :)