Cooper 62 Scott 48

here we go with blaming coaches and officials. Its everyone's fault but the kids who decide it on the floor. However, when Scott was playing well it was the kids and not officials or coaching!

I'm not a supporter or fan of either team. Just stating the obvious. If an unbiased person covering the game can notice the horrible officiating, then it is probably bad.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not complaining about anything. I am not on here to debate that stuff. You can whine, complain, have an opinion all you want; that is what BGP is all about. What I use BGP for is updates, check on teams I like to watch, keep an eye on competition, and get others opinions, recaps, and thoughts. If officials are bad or good, it is on both ends!! Enough said about that. Officials don't go into games looking to do someone unfair. Coaches can scratch. Also, BGPers; officials don't lose games. If a bad call dictates an outcome I ask for you to review the entire game and I bet you can find at least 5 plays that the losing team could do different that would of changed the outcome!! Better yet, you could find 5 plays, that the team that won, did to dictate the score.

I don't see it that way. Kids must make plays, play within themselves and play defense. Cooper has a very nice team and will make a solid run at the 9th region. Tim Sullivan is a really good coach, but coaches the same way that Brad Carr does. Kids are held accountable, in good times and bad. Btw, any Scott JV parents who complain about coaching are grinding their axe.

I am not saying its bad. Were there bad or missed calls, sure. However, its like that in every game at every level in every sport where human error is allowed. Just do what you can do to win the game and not lose it. I hate the officials are at fault excuse. Guess what, its human error. So much of officiating is objective to the "eye" and reaction. Team don't lose because of officials unless they are on the take, which I think KHSAA officials are on the up and up.

As far as JV goes, that is so off topic and unjust! Scott was up by one at half. They scored 9 points in the second half. The rotation didn't change and calls didn't change by officials or coach. Difference was their were SELFISH and didn't guard or rebound in second half. Scott has a nice jv team and has a bright future, however, they got into a rut and were looking at the light at the end of the tunnel. Its hard being a JV player at this time of year because you don't have much to play for and your are for most part playing the role of your first round district opponent that you dont work on much of "your team stuff".

Rough 2nd qtr for the crew.

5 fouls called

4 were good

1 was hard to tell

3 fouls should have been called that weren't

4 travels called that were not

1 missed travel that was

On the broadcast there was a question as to why the bonus light was lit but no bonus FTs were shot. I had it has 6 fouls. My guess is as soon as they had 6 they lit the light to show that the next foul was a bonus.

Clyde' date=' my friend, your opening yourself up to ridicule. Let them blame the officials. 2 of the officials were consistent and good. One, was average on BOTH ends of the floor.[/quote']

Again. Which Scott fan has blamed a ref for the loss in this thread?

In fact, which Scott fan has commented on the refs in this thread??

I find it funny that all 3 of Cooper's big men fouled out and yet no one for Scott fouled out. To me it seemed that they only called the fouls on certain players. Yes, fouls were called on Scott but not to many were called down low. I'm not saying that Cooper didn't commit any fouls, but some fouls appeared to be selective on the Scott team. You would think that in a half were 35 + fouls were called somebody from Scott would have fouled out. To me it appeared that when a Cooper player received their 4th foul it was only a minute or 2 before they received their fifth. Yet the # 23 or 32 was able to play forever with 4.