Cooper 62 Scott 48

I find it funny that all 3 of Cooper's big men fouled out and yet no one for Scott fouled out. To me it seemed that they only called the fouls on certain players. Yes, fouls were called on Scott but not to many were called down low. I'm not saying that Cooper didn't commit any fouls, but some fouls appeared to be selective on the Scott team. You would think that in a half were 35 + fouls were called somebody from Scott would have fouled out. To me it appeared that when a Cooper player received their 4th foul it was only a minute or 2 before they received their fifth. Yet the # 23 or 32 was able to play forever with 4.

Cooper didn't attack the rim very often. Shot a lot of outside shots. Scott went hard to the rim.

That's the difference.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The refs were not nearly as bad as we were led to believe. Players didn't adjust to the calls.

12 fouls were simply too hard to tell from the camera angle. I doubt they missed all 12 of those calls.

Damian nor Walter are officials. They call it like fans do as you would expect. They , like fans, struggle with what is and isn't a travel. I will say the crew had a bad 2nd qtr on travel calls though.

The refs were consistent. Good or bad they were consistent. Scott went to the line just as much as Cooper but the difference if memory serves me is Scott missed a bunch of fts. It was physical but the refs had little to do with the outcome of the game game. Again, Scott could not keep McNeil out of the lane and when he wasnt scoring there he was getting fouled.

Someone made a comment about coach Carr ripping his players etc etc (something to that effect) but personally I thought this was the calmest Ive ever seen him with his players. He n Sully are alike in that they demand execution on both ends. All u have to do is look how he handles Lou to understand what I'm talking about.

Scott played hard and kept Collins out of double figures if I'm not mistaken and he's been on fire lately. The better team won tonite and adjusted to how the game was called which is what teams are supposed to do.

I just watched the entire game. Tell me where on the tape you think you saw bad calls.

I will say it again. In a game with so many fouls it is hard to believe that only the 3 Cooper Big's fouled out. The game is over and Cooper won. Moving on to next game.....

Jester - Out.

I will say it again. In a game with so many fouls it is hard to believe that only the 3 Cooper Big's fouled out. The game is over and Cooper won. Moving on to next game.....

Jester - Out.

You make no point other than there being a lot of fouls. Cooper bigs fouled about because Scott can't/didn't shoot much from the outside. They attacked. Fouls were called. Cooper didn't attack offensively nearly as much. Shot a lot of deep balls. Seems logical that Cooper would foul out.

I've given everyone that bashes officials the chance to watch this film and say where they missed. It's a perfect tee up for all wannabes.

I've got no one taking me up? Telling.

I just watched the entire game. Tell me where on the tape you think you saw bad calls.

Clyde , No disrespect but just like Jester said you had to be there and you know just as well as I do you don't have different angles on film . Three calls off the top of my head is the two traveling calls on Mcneil back to back when slashing through the lane and then when Jackson barreling through the middle taking three long steps and they call a blocking foul on one of the bigs . Plus they made at least 3 foul calls on players that wasn't even close to the play . The problem was when they made calls they weren't confident with their calls and that didn't sit well with fans or coaches . It was hard to watch .

My 1/2 cent on officials. The calls may have been correct but many similar calls aren't made in majority of games. There were some touch fouls out front that don't have a bearing on the game except to slow the game down. One of the Scott kids would lower his shoulder on most drives and not many we're called. The only bearing on the game the way it was called is to take away from actual play and made the score closer.

Good luck to both teams as the real season begins.

Clyde , No disrespect but just like Jester said you had to be there and you know just as well as I do you don't have different angles on film . Three calls off the top of my head is the two traveling calls on Mcneil back to back when slashing through the lane and then when Jackson barreling through the middle taking three long steps and they call a blocking foul on one of the bigs . Plus they made at least 3 foul calls on players that wasn't even close to the play . The problem was when they made calls they weren't confident with their calls and that didn't sit well with fans or coaches . It was hard to watch .

I already said they screwed up the traveling calls. Terrible. Jackson didn't walk because he was fouled before he took any steps.

Too vague on the "3 fouls." Where?