Cooper 62 Scott 48

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be clear, HB. I'm not a hack mouthpiece for officials. Look at the CCH/Madison Central game thread. I said what they did right AND said what they did wrong. Credibility is much more important than worrying if I'm backing my brothers/sisters in stripes.

I did not say you were "defending all the officials" what I did say is your view is more from an officials point of view, not right or wrong but just from their point of view. You also said thqt when you watch a game in person as a fan that emotions play a role in how you see a game etc. Well I will add that the same thing happens with officials during some games also. There are many times where I have seen officials let their emotions get in the way on how they call games also. Everyone has seen when an official who may be having a bad game or is getting rode by fans or coaches etc. will allow that to dictate some of his calls.

So it's actually true on both ends, being there in person deffinatley has more of a say in how someone views a game much more than watching a tape of the game.