Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 85 Dixie Heights 66

Featured Replies

Hatton had a very quiet 31. SK started off blistering the hoop. 30 points after the first quarter, 15 from Sampson, from there it never got closer than twelve. I'd love to know Hatton's average per opponent, I know he now has three thirty point games vs SK. I thought Dixie's defense was about as bad as it gets, I don't know how many driving layups SK converted on, many out of the half court set. Bowling played a nice game, he helped SK control the boards in the first half.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have some buddies from back in the day I still enjoy seeing but that's. I just don't buy parents getting on here and making lame excuses. Dixie is what Dixie is. Not very good playing players that aren't ready for prime time. It will benefit them down the road a bit but not this year. It's like Michael Jackson and the Jackson brothers.

 

Ken is in a tough spot as a coach.

 

No one made any excuses???

No one made any excuses???

 

No heart

One of those games

Couldn't buy a basket

Hatton couldn't shoot well

  • Author
Hatton had a very quiet 31. SK started off blistering the hoop. 30 points after the first quarter' date=' 15 from Sampson, from there it never got closer than twelve. I'd love to know Hatton's average per opponent, I know he now has three thirty point games vs SK. I thought Dixie's defense was about as bad as it gets, I don't know how many driving layups SK converted on, many out of the half court set. Bowling played a nice game, he helped SK control the boards in the first half.[/quote']

 

I thought BH would go for 40+ tonight. Outside of him Dixie is awful and he absolutely goes off at SK. I can live with 31.

  • Author

 

No heart

One of those games

Couldn't buy a basket

Hatton couldn't shoot well

 

I'll just go ahead and +1 this since I can't like it on my phone...

Hatton had a very quiet 31. SK started off blistering the hoop. 30 points after the first quarter, 15 from Sampson, from there it never got closer than twelve. I'd love to know Hatton's average per opponent, I know he now has three thirty point games vs SK. I thought Dixie's defense was about as bad as it gets, I don't know how many driving layups SK converted on, many out of the half court set. Bowling played a nice game, he helped SK control the boards in the first half.

 

Thanks finally a post about the game. Hatton scoring 31 is not a bad night. The kid seems to have too much youth around him for them to win consistently. SK really seems to be getting better.

No heart

One of those games

Couldn't buy a basket

Hatton couldn't shoot well

 

SK played very well tonight.

They out hustled Dixie and shot lights out.

Is SK better than Dixie? They were tonight.

Bottom line, SK played very well tonight and deserved the "W."

Congrats to them.

 

You left these parts out...

  • Author

 

Thanks finally a post about the game. Hatton scoring 31 is not a bad night. The kid seems to have too much youth around him for them to win consistently. SK really seems to be getting better.

 

31 against SK at SK is right on average for Brandon.

  • Author
Where is # 1 fan ?

 

I'm here to pick up the slack...

Let's be honest, Hatton is Dixie and that's a fact.

 

I do agree with Clyde that Chevy is in a very tough spot right now.

 

I have heard for so many years from the Dixie faithful that this is their year and it's only been their year once in the last 56yrs.

So Dixie can't play with heart against a huge rival? I'm struggling with that one.

 

Bingo. That's why this was/is/will continue to be a rivalry.

 

 

As far as I can remember, and including my playing days, SK (and Scott) have never been considered rivals for Dixie. They were just games on the schedule. CovCath was really the only team considered a rival in all sports. I know most state a true rivalry should have a close to even series, but CovCath (the other colonels) were always considered Dixie's rival from a Dixie perspective.

After we got the big lead it was obvious to me that DH wouldn't have enough firepower to get out of that hole. Hatton is a phenomenal HS player, he has very good body control and a beautiful stroke. With that being said if NKU is offering I'd take it. If he's 6'1" it isn't by much, I just can't see him playing at a high level in the NCAAs.

As far as I can remember, and including my playing days, SK (and Scott) have never been considered rivals for Dixie. They were just games on the schedule. CovCath was really the only team considered a rival in all sports. I know most state a true rivalry should have a close to even series, but CovCath (the other colonels) were always considered Dixie's rival from a Dixie perspective.

 

Having coached at Dixie and worked at Scott, I was in Kenton County 20 years as a teacher, coach and administrator. CCH was Dixie's biggest rivalry by far. Scott and SK had a bigger rivalry tha Dixie vs. either of the others. Scott really had no huge rival when I was there, although Holy Cross and Holmes at times were. Kenton County is the 4th or 5th largest district in the state and the high schools are really like separate entities. Up until 1995 when I left Kenton County at least they were. Now with that being said, it was always good to beat the district foe.

Dixie and SK have never been BIG rivals anytime recently. Same county schools is about it. It's not like the Boone schools that are in the same district and region. Not a good showing by Dixie but far from a catastrophic loss.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.