Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 85 Dixie Heights 66

Featured Replies

I don't know how things are now as far as rivalries but SK/Scott has always trumped SK/DH as a rivalry. It was a huge rivalry but it likely peaked in the late 80's/early 90's. Twenhofel at that point was the major feeder for both schools so the rivalry was organic. Now that Kenton County has three schools in three different regions it's probably a bit different. I know kids still go to Summit View that may attend SK, Dixie or Scott but I'm sure it's not the same.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Dixie's lack of Sr leadership hurt this team?

 

Would Zach Moo Young have provided another offensive threat besides Hatton as well as Sr Leadership if he didn't leave for Lakota West after his sophomore year?

Does Dixie's lack of Sr leadership hurt this team?

 

Would Zach Moo Young have provided another offensive threat besides Hatton as well as Sr Leadership if he didn't leave for Lakota West after his sophomore year?

 

I think Dixie's issues are bigger than having Moo Young on the team.

  • Author
Does Dixie's lack of Sr leadership hurt this team?

 

Would Zach Moo Young have provided another offensive threat besides Hatton as well as Sr Leadership if he didn't leave for Lakota West after his sophomore year?

 

I was just asking a few people what happened to him the other day. Is he playing ball for West?

  • Author
I don't know how things are now as far as rivalries but SK/Scott has always trumped SK/DH as a rivalry. It was a huge rivalry but it likely peaked in the late 80's/early 90's. Twenhofel at that point was the major feeder for both schools so the rivalry was organic. Now that Kenton County has three schools in three different regions it's probably a bit different. I know kids still go to Summit View that may attend SK' date=' Dixie or Scott but I'm sure it's not the same.[/quote']

 

I agree that its not a huge rivalry anymore but they are rivals. Plus there is always extra fire in the air when you grew up best friends as players on the other team.

 

There is more hype for this game than a SK v Boone or a Dixie vs Ryle regular season game brings.

I don't know how things are now as far as rivalries but SK/Scott has always trumped SK/DH as a rivalry. It was a huge rivalry but it likely peaked in the late 80's/early 90's. Twenhofel at that point was the major feeder for both schools so the rivalry was organic. Now that Kenton County has three schools in three different regions it's probably a bit different. I know kids still go to Summit View that may attend SK, Dixie or Scott but I'm sure it's not the same.

And the folks at SK look at the kids who feed from Summit as second class citizens anyway, so I would agree, SK / Dixie rivalry doesnt really exist.

I was just asking a few people what happened to him the other day. Is he playing ball for West?

 

Yes he plays in fact I saw them scrimmage Dixie at the NKU team camp last summer.

Three pages of who is and isn't Dixie's rival -- riveting.

 

Better question is why there exists so much oddness and drama around Dixie FB and BB year after year? I've seen this Dixie team several time this year, and am always left scratching my head at Chevy and many of his lineup combinations and decisions. This Dixie team is underperforming (again), and yes, SK is a solid club.

Three pages of who is and isn't Dixie's rival -- riveting.

 

Better question is why there exists so much oddness and drama around Dixie FB and BB year after year? I've seen this Dixie team several time this year, and am always left scratching my head at Chevy and many of his lineup combinations and decisions. This Dixie team is underperforming (again), and yes, SK is a solid club.

 

Agreed. My only assumption is that he is prepping for next year while still trying to gain a few wins this year. I saw 7 sophomores and a freshman play for Dixie last night, along with BH and AD.

 

Those who said Dixie is flat out awful besides BH are wrong. Their young core of sophomores is going to be GOOD next year and beyond. I would say the future is bright. I would never say its any teams "year". But, Dixie has some young talent. Couple that with BH next year and I think they'll be much better.

Sounds like a knock on Grant, and Grant beat Bracken today who has 3 of their 6 big wins against Deming.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.