Sugar Bowl win + Final Four or National Championship

Original Rookie

Final Four/Sugar Bowl or National Title  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Final Four/Sugar Bowl or National Title

• Final Four/Sugar Bowl win
    • Win a national title

Clearly the poll will yield biased results, as fans of both schools will gladly take what they've accomplished.

The argument for UofL's accomplishments is it shows you're a successful national program in the two most prestigous sports in college athletics, as opposed to winning at one, and being abysmal at the other (UK).

The argument UK fans will use is the Ricky Bobby "If you ain't first, you're last" argument. The goal is always to win a title, so falling short isn't the same as actually winning the most coveted prize.

I don't necessarily see either argument as wrong, and as a UK fan, I wouldn't trade their title for anything.

Clearly the poll will yield biased results, as fans of both schools will gladly take what they've accomplished.

The argument for UofL's accomplishments is it shows you're a successful national program in the two most prestigous sports in college athletics, as opposed to winning at one, and being abysmal at the other (UK).

The argument UK fans will use is the Ricky Bobby "If you ain't first, you're last" argument. The goal is always to win a title, so falling short isn't the same as actually winning the most coveted prize.

I don't necessarily see either argument as wrong, and as a UK fan, I wouldn't trade their title for anything.

I think that is probably the best perspective on the whole thing.

A buddy of mine who is a huge Louisville fan, as well as other sports, said the other night that 2012 was the best year ever. Reds and Bengals both made playoffs, Louisville made the Final Four and is among the best teams again, and Louisville football won got an invite to the ACC, won the Big East, and defeated the #3 ranked team in the Sugar Bowl. I'll have to admit, that was a pretty good year.

They discussed this on KSR either yesterday or today, basically pitting what UL has accomplished vs. what UK has accomplished.

I'm probably different in my reasoning. While I enjoy football at all levels, the start of football season gets me excited because I know that means basketball is right on its heels. I'm a UK basketball & football fan, but I'd rather have 1 basketball national championship vs. 5 consecutive football national championships. Basketball far exceeds football for me.

They discussed this on KSR either yesterday or today, basically pitting what UL has accomplished vs. what UK has accomplished.

I'm probably different in my reasoning. While I enjoy football at all levels, the start of football season gets me excited because I know that means basketball is right on its heels. I'm a UK basketball & football fan, but I'd rather have 1 basketball national championship vs. 5 consecutive football national championships. Basketball far exceeds football for me.

You need to get some rest and drink your Ovaltine, 5 back to back titles in football would be awesome and better that 1 Basketball title. Now I'd take 4 or 5 Basketball Titles over Football but not 1.

As far as the posted question goes, "Just win baby" give me a title. I would also take a BCS Championship and missing post season basketball over Sugar/Final4.

Nobody remembers Bowl Winners and Final 4 (outside of those teams fans) but everyone (that matters) remembers Championships!

As far as the posted question goes, "Just win baby" give me a title. I would also take a BCS Championship and missing post season basketball over Sugar/Final4.

Nobody remembers Bowl Winners and Final 4 (outside of those teams fans) but everyone (that matters) remembers Championships!

So, who are those that "matter"?

I follow sports, but I don't remember all previous championship winners.
But you remember less bowl game victories and Final 4 participants I bet.

You being a Card fan I bet remembers each Championship season at least the ones in your life time, do you remember each Bowl game...Every Final 4? Final 4's may be a little easier but not as easy as remembering your Championships. I'm not a Card fan and I remember their titles seasons but only remember two Final 4, last years and the year Houston Dunked them to death before losing to NC St.