Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Capital Punishment question.

Featured Replies

If the shooter in the Connecticut schools shootings had survived, and lived to stand trial, how many out there think the death penalty would be too harsh?

As one who is against the DP because it's often given when then are questions, I'm not sure. I hesitate to say I'm OK with it because of the potential for mental illness.

 

In the big picture it wouldn't solve anything.

 

It is NOT a deterrent to others.

Not to harsh to bad you can't bring him back and kill him 27 times

I have never bought in on the whole mental illness argument saving someone from the death penalty when there is a mass killing like this. Perhaps had he just killed his mother at home, I can see no death penalty. Mass Killing like this.........They ought to let the victims families decided how he dies.

Nah, let him rot in prison thinking about what he did for ten years, then kill him.

 

Why should the taxpayers have to pay for 10 years in prison?

Why should the taxpayers have to pay for 10 years in prison?

 

You realize it costs more to execute a prisoner than it does to keep them in prison for life, right?

This is a tough one. I have always been pro DP until just recently. After engaging in several debates on here I not so sure anymore. It's easy to say hang him in cases like this one however the thought of an innocent person being put to death pushes me the other way. Like Clyde said in the end it really serves no purpose. It isn't a deterrent to others and once he's dead what now? Does it really bring closure to anyone? Will it bring back the victim/victims?

 

Again in a case like this one it's easy to say give them the DP but a lethal injection may be too good for him.

If the shooter in the Connecticut schools shootings had survived, and lived to stand trial, how many out there think the death penalty would be too harsh?

 

As a Christian, I am pro-life, and thereby anti-death penalty. Admittedly, it's something that I struggle with in some situations - especially situations like this, supposing the shooter were to have survived. Still, I believe that killing someone is wrong, and I'll not support it.

You realize it costs more to execute a prisoner than it does to keep them in prison for life, right?

I've never understood that. Is it because of the appeals process?

I've never understood that. Is it because of the appeals process?

 

For the most part yes. Also, while all those costly trials are going on, the prisoners are on death row, which is much more expensive than regular inmates. The cheapest part of an execution is the actual "execution" part. Go figure.

The fact that it isn't a deterrent is irrelevant to me. It's more about revenge. Clearing his hard drive, laying a plan. It was pre-meditated and he deserves to rot in hell.

Why should the taxpayers have to pay for 10 years in prison?

 

What UKmustang said. And I like the idea of him living in hell before we send him there.

I am less of a death penalty advocate than I once was. I actually somewhat credit BGP debates for this.

 

In this instance, however, I would not only support it, but I would also suggest a punishment of the cruel and unusual variety. This was a calculated, premeditated act against the most innocent of humanity. It demands swift and complete justice.

I am less of a death penalty advocate than I once was. I actually somewhat credit BGP debates for this.

 

In this instance, however, I would not only support it, but I would also suggest a punishment of the cruel and unusual variety. This was a calculated, premeditated act against the most innocent of humanity. It demands swift and complete justice.

 

What if he truly did suffer from a mental illness?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.