Dixie Heights 60 Highlands 59

Dixie's Hatton hits 1 of 2 free throws with 4.9 seconds left for the win.

I know there has been a lot of posts concerning the berating of officials and how tough the job is, but I will be surprised if this thread doesn't contain a lot of posts about the officiating in the last 3 minutes of this game.

Maybe one or two from yours truly.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixie's Hatton hits 1 of 2 free throws with 4.9 seconds left for the win.

I know there has been a lot of posts concerning the berating of officials and how tough the job is, but I will be surprised if this thread doesn't contain a lot of posts about the officiating in the last 3 minutes of this game.

Maybe one or two from yours truly.

Cue QRyche.

Explain please. I'm sure Highlands didn't shoot 100% from the floor and stripe and didn't have any turnovers.

I'll let Stink explain what happened. Let's just say someone got the " Jordan Treatment".. You know how he would just get calls because of who he was..Happened with the game tied with 4.9 secs on the clock..

Most controversial call / no call came at the end Hatton drives foul called hit 1 of 2 FT's...Birds Houliston drives, looked like a lot of contact, no call. Game over.

No, not even close. Most controversial call of the game was the technical called on Dixie. Dixie subbed for Milligan (who was on the other side of the court away from the Dixie bench) and he had his back to the sub, The sub jogged across the court and told him he was out. Milligan turned to the sub and told who his man was and started walking to the bench. The ball was handed to Dixie all the way at the opposite end of the floor and inbounded. Milligan was still walking off the floor... about 10 feet from the bench at this point. The official closest to him WRONGFULLY called a "T" for 6 men on the floor. She should have had her hand UP IN THE AIR until he made it to the bench to let the other officials know NOT to put the ball in play (it was Dixie's ball). She totally blew it. If that doesn't happen, then its not a game, as Dixie was up 6 with the ball. She then called the phantom foul that sent BH to the line to seal the win... I'll admit, it was a makeup call. He was not touched.

Dixie played terrible in the first half. They should have handled Highlands easily.

Hatton held to 18. Nice job by the Highlands D. Most controversial call / no call came at the end Hatton drives foul called hit 1 of 2 FT's...Birds Houliston drives, looked like a lot of contact, no call. Game over.

Hatton had 18 - quite of few from the free throw line. I can only recall 1- 3 pt goal and a few field goals.

Brandon is an extremely talented player. He is very hard to stop, and if the officials keep bailing him out when he creates all the contact on his shots, he becomes impossible to stop.

That is exactly what happened with 4.9 seconds to go in the game. He drives to the left side of the foul line and jumps away from the basket directly into a HHS defender. Threw the ball at the basket and gets the call. After he made the second free throw, HHS timeout, Houliston takes the ball down the right side and there is contact from multiple Dixie defenders - no call. "Jordan Treatment" - RB I like the analogy.