Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Madison Central 78 Montgomery County 61

Featured Replies

Oh yeah...coaches from Morehead State, University of the Cumberlands, University of Pikeville and Georgetown College were there tonight.

 

Who where they there to watch?

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6'6 senior. Can play 2,3 or 4. Signed with William and Mary. Great shooter. High basketball IQ. Good passer. Foot speed and Strength have always been an issue. Averages about a double double for his career. Will be Montgomery Co's all time scoring leader soon. Great student. High character kid. IMO William and Mary got a steal.

Thanks for the report.

Great pregame. Montgomery County honored a Pearl Harbor survivor before the national anthem. John C Toy was honored as being one of the survivors of Pearl Harbor. It was awesome to watch the entire gym and both teams give this gentleman a standing ovation before the National Anthem.

 

I've had the pleasure of knowing this man for 25 years. He is class personified. He was deserving of the recognition. We all should aspire to be a man of his character.

Edited by Da champ

Happy's technical was for being out of the coaches box. The high school refs do not like the way he "roams". Refs have warned the assistants 2-3 times this year to tell Happy to get back in the box. Especially down by the baseline. I did not see that he was out of the box last night. He was knelt down just to the right of where I am at the scorers table trying to get the players to double team one of the Central players.

Happy's technical was for being out of the coaches box. The high school refs do not like the way he "roams". Refs have warned the assistants 2-3 times this year to tell Happy to get back in the box. Especially down by the baseline. I did not see that he was out of the box last night. He was knelt down just to the right of where I am at the scorers table trying to get the players to double team one of the Central players.

 

Who are his assistants?

Happy's technical was for being out of the coaches box. The high school refs do not like the way he "roams". Refs have warned the assistants 2-3 times this year to tell Happy to get back in the box. Especially down by the baseline. I did not see that he was out of the box last night. He was knelt down just to the right of where I am at the scorers table trying to get the players to double team one of the Central players.

 

I would guess that he spent 75% of the game out of the box.

I have a lot to report about this game but not sure I'll get vidoes and things tonight. A quick rundown...the crowd was great. It was awesome to watch the two student sections go back and forth in a very fun but not overly rude or obnoxious manner. They were chanting things like "we can't see you!" (Central fans were all wearing camo shirts).

 

Great, great moment when they brought out the Pearl Harbor survivor. Was the best moment of the night for me.

 

As for the game, Madison Central took a huge lead early and held it. The game was fairly even for the final three quarters but Montgomery County just couldn've overcome the 16-point first quarter deficit. They had an opportunity in the 4th to really make it interesting but an untimely turnover ended it.

 

Dominique Hawkins has really improved. I expect him to get some D1 offers very soon (hint hint). He gave the Harrison twins all they wanted in Marshall Co. and was virtually unstoppable tonight. He was the best player in the game tonight.

 

Prewitt is really good too but went 3-10 from long range and picked up his 4th foul at 3:40 mark of the 3rd quarter. Montgomery Co. has a good team but they fell behind tonight and couldn't catch up. I still expect them to win the region.

 

Madison Central is a contender to win it all. They are certainly worthy of their ranking.

 

Happy Osborne picked up another technical foul tonight. I didn't see him do anything out of the way so I'm assuming he said too much to the ref.

 

Wow, pretty sure you were standing right next to me last night and I didn't even realize it. I am sorry.

Happy's technical was for being out of the coaches box. The high school refs do not like the way he "roams". Refs have warned the assistants 2-3 times this year to tell Happy to get back in the box. Especially down by the baseline. I did not see that he was out of the box last night. He was knelt down just to the right of where I am at the scorers table trying to get the players to double team one of the Central players.

 

enforcing the coaches box is a POI this year.

 

Who are his assistants?

 

Billy Ray Fawns, David Miller, Matt Daniel, Bryce Gomes, Dustin High, Brandon Snowden.

 

ttp://htosports.com/teams/default.asp?u=MCINDIANSBASKETBALL&t=c&s=basketball&p=coaches

Billy Ray Fawns, David Miller, Matt Daniel, Bryce Gomes, Dustin High, Brandon Snowden.

 

ttp://htosports.com/teams/default.asp?u=MCINDIANSBASKETBALL&t=c&s=basketball&p=coaches

 

Thanks. I had Bryce in class. Saw him with Happy at our game the other night.

Wow, pretty sure you were standing right next to me last night and I didn't even realize it. I am sorry.

 

Really? That's pretty crazy. I was right behind the Madison Central students.

What is the rumor about Montgomery County starting three sophomores on the freshman team? It is also rumored a transfer from Owensboro Catholic was warming up for the swcond half to play in the freshman game. Any truth to this?

Really? That's pretty crazy. I was right behind the Madison Central students.

 

Never mind. I was across the gym from you then. There was a guy videoing the Montgomery Co students next to me at one point.

What is the rumor about Montgomery County starting three sophomores on the freshman team? It is also rumored a transfer from Owensboro Catholic was warming up for the swcond half to play in the freshman game. Any truth to this?

 

Neither of these are true. 5 freshmen started the game and the transfer from Owensboro played 0 minutes in any of the 3 games. I'll get you the starters names tomorrow, but I know they were all 9th graders.

What is the rumor about Montgomery County starting three sophomores on the freshman team? It is also rumored a transfer from Owensboro Catholic was warming up for the swcond half to play in the freshman game. Any truth to this?

 

Neither of these are true. 5 freshmen started the game and the transfer from Owensboro played 0 minutes in any of the 3 games. I'll get you the starters names tomorrow, but I know they were all 9th graders.

 

I take that post back. Montgomery Co did in fact start a sophomore in the freshmen game. Last name is Looney I believe. I can't give you any other details.

What's the protocol on this? Is there a penalty or is it just one of those unwritten rules that coaches trust each other with?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.