Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Madison Central 78 Montgomery County 61

Featured Replies

Word is three started and played a lot. I don't know. Good question.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take that post back. Montgomery Co did in fact start a sophomore in the freshmen game. Last name is Looney I believe. I can't give you any other details.

What's the protocol on this? Is there a penalty or is it just one of those unwritten rules that coaches trust each other with?

 

Confirmed...they started three sophomores that played most of the game. Can't believe Coach Feldhaus was real happy about that. What would be the reason to play sophomores in a freshman game?

Confirmed...they started three sophomores that played most of the game. Can't believe Coach Feldhaus was real happy about that. What would be the reason to play sophomores in a freshman game?

 

Here were the starters for Montgomery Co. I just looked at the book:

Art Walker

Caswell Fuller

Chaiten Tomlin

Cody Parsley

Jarrod Looney.

Jarrod is the ONLY players NOT a freshman. I can tell you this because I have Cas, Art and Chaiten in class and I teach 9th grade social studies.

Now, there were some 10th graders that played, but those were the starters.

Here were the starters for Montgomery Co. I just looked at the book:

Art Walker

Caswell Fuller

Chaiten Tomlin

Cody Parsley

Jarrod Looney.

Jarrod is the ONLY players NOT a freshman. I can tell you this because I have Cas, Art and Chaiten in class and I teach 9th grade social studies.

Now, there were some 10th graders that played, but those were the starters.

 

Ok...thanks but why play sophomores in a freshman game? Am I missing something?

Ok...thanks but why play sophomores in a freshman game? Am I missing something?

 

I do not have the answer to that question.

Surprised with the margin.

I have a lot to report about this game but not sure I'll get vidoes and things tonight. A quick rundown...the crowd was great. It was awesome to watch the two student sections go back and forth in a very fun but not overly rude or obnoxious manner. They were chanting things like "we can't see you!" (Central fans were all wearing camo shirts).

 

Great, great moment when they brought out the Pearl Harbor survivor. Was the best moment of the night for me.

 

As for the game, Madison Central took a huge lead early and held it. The game was fairly even for the final three quarters but Montgomery County just couldn've overcome the 16-point first quarter deficit. They had an opportunity in the 4th to really make it interesting but an untimely turnover ended it.

 

Dominique Hawkins has really improved. I expect him to get some D1 offers very soon (hint hint). He gave the Harrison twins all they wanted in Marshall Co. and was virtually unstoppable tonight. He was the best player in the game tonight.

 

Prewitt is really good too but went 3-10 from long range and picked up his 4th foul at 3:40 mark of the 3rd quarter. Montgomery Co. has a good team but they fell behind tonight and couldn't catch up. I still expect them to win the region.

 

Madison Central is a contender to win it all. They are certainly worthy of their ranking.

 

Happy Osborne picked up another technical foul tonight. I didn't see him do anything out of the way so I'm assuming he said too much to the ref.

Welcome to the real world Happy!!!
Who won the game ?

 

Montgomery Co won, but I don't recall the margin.

Ok...thanks but why play sophomores in a freshman game? Am I missing something?
Could it have been an age thing? Maybe those sophomores were of freshman age, maybe started school early instead of being held back. With the way parents plan births for their kids to be the oldest in their class because of month born,etc., maybe these kids are just the opposite:idunno: They had a whole thing on 60 Minutes about this awhile back

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.