Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thank You Dalyn Dawkins

Featured Replies

Special Thanks to the overlooked, Under appreciated Dalyn Dawkins

 

at 5'9 181 lbs Dawkins often called too small or undersized but like your Dad said on his facebook page your Great performances of the field speak loud & clear of the calibur of player you are. A Great one by the facts.

alot of people in the State of Kentucky simple don't appreciated your special abilities as well as what you complished of the field.

 

No matter how you cut it, Trinity's New Oline was average at best & calling them that is a stretch

 

So when you look at what Dawkins was able the accomplish verses one of the nation toughest schedules, Dawkins was simple Remarkable

 

D.Dawkins I hope you don't mind but I'm going share your remarkable season in this post

here are the facts on Dawkins 2012 season

Dawkins finished the season with some outstanding stats & Glorious most momerial moments.

 

Led his team in TDs with 23 total,18TD's rushing & 5 TD's recieving

rushed for 1,501 & 459 receiving

only player on Trinity's team to score a TD in every game.

 

3 game winning TD's.

with 29 sec. left T trailing 13-7 Dawk scored the game winning TD vs Cincy St X. also responsible for about 70 of the 80 yards needed on that final drive. Mind you this was done while playing injured on a high ankled he sprain the week before.

In the Semi finals 14-14 Dawk Scored the game winning TD vs. Scott co. With 31 sec left. Dawkins went 67 yards on a screen pass. He also rushed for 112 yards. Mind you he did this all while being ill with a stomach virus. Weak & Puking Dawk still found a way.

Trinity trailing 23-20 vs MBA Dawkins goes 45 yards for the game winning TD.

 

Last but not least, Dawkins was on fire in the State Championship game 173 rushing yards & 71 receiving with 3 TDS. 244 allpurpose yards. Great Performance to end your H.S. career on

 

D.Dawkins no matter what the people say when they exclude you from this award & that award. The Remarkable season you had know one can take away. So again Thank You for being one of the best RB's & players I ever saw.

One of my favorite players to watch.

Bravo Fl.boy. Well said. DD being left off the coaches all district team is an absolute joke. His body of work in the Scott Co. Game alone is enough to make that team. Will the team a win, sick as he was. Got my vote for district, regional and all state. Congratulations on a great season and incredible career at Trinity. Good luck, you will be missed.

I've never seen anyone hit the hole quicker than he does. Just my opinion-------I think it took him longer to shake the high ankle sprain he suffered this year than he and the coaches let on. Consequently, his numbers were lower for 3,4,5 games mid-season. He runs hard and with extreme determination. Dare we say he is the best RB ever to to wear the green and white?

I've never seen anyone hit the hole quicker than he does. Just my opinion-------I think it took him longer to shake the high ankle sprain he suffered this year than he and the coaches let on. Consequently, his numbers were lower for 3,4,5 games mid-season. He runs hard and with extreme determination. Dare we say he is the best RB ever to to wear the green and white?

 

That is high praise, at this point the only one I think could compete with Dawkins for the top spot would be Tim Phillips. At that point I have no clue who I'd go with.

IMO, DD is a little bigger and stronger than Timmy and also a little better receiver. I agree that it would be a two horse race. There have been many great backs going back to Alan Hennessy in the mid to late 60s but I think these two are the best.

IMO' date=' DD is a little bigger and stronger than Timmy and also a little better receiver. I agree that it would be a two horse race. There have been many great backs going back to Alan Hennessy in the mid to late 60s but I think these two are the best.[/quote']

 

All I know is that I can't think of two backs more exciting than them. I just couldn't pick between the two.

Dalyn reminds me a lot of Mark Higgs. Hope he stays in state to play his college ball. I've already passed on my 2-cents to the new staff at UK that he's someone they should evaluate very seriously.

Dalyn reminds me a lot of Mark Higgs. Hope he stays in state to play his college ball. I've already passed on my 2-cents to the new staff at UK that he's someone they should evaluate very seriously.

 

Agree. I think he's a D1 RB without question.

Well said by all. A truly special player and how turly fortunate T was to be able to have a student and player of his caliber and character.

 

He is what T football is all about. About sacrifice - dedication - heart - and TEAM.

 

He will be sorely missed. Wish him all the best in the future in whatever he pursues.

I've seen them all and Alan Hennessey was the best RB to play for Trinity.

You youngsters didn't see Alan Hennessey play. The total package. Size, speed, power,quickness. He is Mr. Trinity Football. His talent and potential was off the charts until an injury put him on the sidelines.

Alan and Tom Rittle (LB) got scholarships to Georgia Tech---recruited by Jerry Glanville. A knee knocked Alan out and I think it was the same for Tom, too. It was their senior year (season of 1968) that Trinity won its first state championship.

Double D was a blast to watch unless you played defense. Best of luck wherever he takes those cleats to college.

What are Dawkins' college opportunities?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.